Discuss snows arrived.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Re: When the snow arrives ?

I'd have left the foot off the brake and use the hand brake to turn the back end around if its wasnt a sharp one, and there was enough road after the bend.

Wouldn't like to do penkhull bank today! Up or down.

I was here Dan https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Ho...Jm384g7FHt6qqOzQP3OUQQ&cbp=11,133.91,,0,15.72

do a street view and you'll see the gradient down the bank... lil bit scary in the snow but I managed it. Snow wasn't that deep at that point either, the bank was just slippy.

Apparently Hartshill bank is shut. traffic chaos in Stoke already.

D

Deleted member 9966

The big boss has just been into my office and told me he's heading off to collect his kids from school. Apparently the school is concerned that traffic might get worse as the weather gets worse and they've already been told that public transport (trains and school buses) are reducing their services over the next couple of hours so the kids need to start making their way home now. So he's graciously told me not to stay late and to make sure I leave the office before it gets dark and the weather gets any worse. Very kind of him. I was going to anyway :lol:

G

Gazzer

The big boss has just been into my office and told me he's heading off to collect his kids from school. Apparently the school is concerned that traffic might get worse as the weather gets worse and they've already been told that public transport (trains and school buses) are reducing their services over the next couple of hours so the kids need to start making their way home now. So he's graciously told me not to stay late and to make sure I leave the office before it gets dark and the weather gets any worse. Very kind of him. I was going to anyway :lol:

Did you beat him off the car park ? :lol:

F

Fliselege

Girlfriend was due to fly here today but that's gone to pot, couldn't get to Gatwick, re scheduled flight for 2 weeks time. Snowing here but all roads cleared quickly including side streets and we've all got winter tyres. Was home last year when snow was bad, tried to get Mums rear wheel drive Merc up her road, slight incline up to the top "I'm an expert at this" I said. Didn't happen, even with the traction control system it's got.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
today in chelsea (protilers area) :lol: DSC_0831.jpg DSC_0832.jpg

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I'm pretty much stuck in. Going to try go the shop in the scooby in a minute to get some ciggies and milk (for the baby) stocked up.

It's about 15cm up here. But like the other day, when I got out my street and onto the gritted road it was fine. It just took me ages to get out the street. Did a 180 just coming out the drive, had to do a 3 point turn to get it face the right way again which took ages, all 4 wheels just spinning as soon as the clutch was out. Very slippy stuff.

seriously Dan, babies really shouldn't be smoking!:lol:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Re: When the snow arrives ?

I don't mind the hills and snow Doug. Just the other drivers who panic and seem totally incapable of driving when the white stuff appears. I had a hairy moment coming down a steep incline this morning. Footbrake on full, car still moving, bend in the road, stone wall in front of me, pressed brake harder still not stopping, slowly pulled on handbrake, car eventually stopped and I managed to navigate the bend without hitting anything.:whistling::driving:

Please, please tell me you were being ironic!?! :lol:

Reply to snows arrived.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB