Discuss So, here is my latest job. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cuttintiles

So i am back on the wetroom job today but there was a decorator and a sparks running around so i set up my gear and got ready to go!!
then the sparks wanted to shut off the consumer unit for a hour or so!!!

so i put my stuff away and went back to the splashy and finised off the worktop and siliconing:

92647003.jpg

more wetroom pics to come soon!

C

cuttintiles

if you look back on the pictures Gooner you will see that the "channel" is fixed on the tanking system!
the long side of the glass channel is embedded in the wall (and tanked) and the short end is silicone fixed onto the tanking system!

situations require different teqniques, and that is why wetrooms are difficult and not to be taken on by any old tiler!!

in answer to your question this type of invisible "framless" fixing if done incrrectly, it will leak like the titanic after it sunk!!!

C

cuttintiles

Hello all,

Just thought i would post a little bit about window sills, there has been a bit of posting on this site about how to level/fix them,
as far as i am aware window sills can NOT be made of plasterboard or bonding or any other porous compound/board.

this is because the moisture in the exterior wall cavity will be soaked up like a sponge into the substrate i.e the plasterboard/bonding on the sill.

the best cours of action is to "set" the window sills in sand/cement like this:

29200774.jpg

note the unfinished jagged brick window cill in the background!

then you apply ply/mdf or whatever to the wall screwed and pluged at a level that the top of the cill will sit!
then you pour and level your sand and cement mix level off with a trowel using the ply/mdf as a guide line, once set remove the ply/mdf leaving you with this:

90525360.jpg

sorry about the stuff on the sill but if its a flat surface..were gonna put stuff on it!

the next step is to hammer and bolster away any proud edges, these happen because of the weight of the sand and cement bows the ply/mdf a little!

the next step is to fix the tiles and trim if necc. wait to harden and the back fill the wall to the trim/tiles like this:

81058709.jpg

hope this helps!

happy tiling!

Reply to So, here is my latest job. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
So, here is my latest job.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.