Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

Well that was an interesting strange day! Got a phone call from a builder today whilst I was working on the small bathroom I mentioned above with the ceiling that goes up to the gods! Anyway builders client supplied their own tiler and he had laid the heated wire kit in the main en suite upstairs, thermal boards, wire then screed. Only thing was he poured slc then closed the door! Well builder turns up today and door won't open, thinks the slc wasn't levelled and piled up behind door so now door stuck shut, solid oak door, no access to hinges, 1 velux window locked and builder not willing to damage door or cut at bottom in case he cuts heated wires? Tiler been left message by builder but now not answering calls by builder or client! Any suggestions?

Q

Qwerty

Turned up to a cleared out garage this morning ready for me to prep ready to tile........

IMG-20170523-WA0002.jpeg

I love customers!!!!

B

Blunt Tool

That was the interesting part of my day, the strange part was that every time I went down to my van and unlocked or locked it, customers neighbours Porsche Cayenne unlocked itself and boot opened? It won't lock so he had to do that himself but I kept unlocking it and boot opened, he was getting quite upset and moved it 100 yards down street then walked back and guess what happened when I went to my van? :rolleyes:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Not a good 2 days. Started off great for the first hour yeasterday, tiles removed almost wall by wall (tubbed addy on emulsion paint) and thought we were on for a bonus, recent new build hmmmm....

Find out the customer had all their stuff delivered on Friday from Porcelanosa and they have then disappeared off to Greece for a week. The stuff is not what we discussed they were having. We now have to build a stud wall out losing 160mm to accommodate the frame on a 1.8m long wall. The wall hung vanity unit has drawers that fully open so they hit the towel rail. The rail in turn has to moved to another wall. So me and plumber rip up all the floor to move rad pipes to new location, as we measure out the shower trays new location because of the new stud wall the waste falls directly on top of the heating pipes that run through the bathroom, and so it goes on. One thing has just had a knock on effect on the next stage, whilst the customer is sunning themselves and knocking back the ouzo......

The text messages have been flying backwards and forwards, the last one with her saying "I'm sure you'll make it looks nice"

Last edited:
B

Blunt Tool

Met builder at job this am about en suite door stuck with screed. He was telling me door is worth £1700 so cutting bottom in situ not an option and he couldn't figure out how else we were going to open. I took off facings and skirting blocks, used my fien saw to cut all fixings holding door set to framing and eased out entire door and frame in one! Right enough screed up about 30mm onto door! Builder and client happy, well they will be until they get my pull a numpty out of the brown stuff bill :rolleyes:

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement