Discuss Some customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd start turning off texts for numbers you don't know. Sick of hearing people be cancelled by text.

Or start replying with "Error: Sorry this message has not been delivered at this time, please try again later, or call."

Deposits should be taken and knocked off the final bill! Anybody who is serious would not mind that at all.

M

Mr Tiler

I'd start turning off texts for numbers you don't know. Sick of hearing people be cancelled by text.

Or start replying with "Error: Sorry this message has not been delivered at this time, please try again later, or call."

Deposits should be taken and knocked off the final bill! Anybody who is serious would not mind that at all.

id agree with deposites dan but it would mean all tradesmen doing so for anyone to be able to do it... unless the work is piled than its just like overpricing lol

J

J Sid

I have never taken a deposit in my life.
I will never supply any tiles, as alot are stone and never come looking the same as the sample, so i never get stuck with them when they say " i don't like them", or the porcelain tiles are different batches.
I don't think there is enough profit in supplying tiles with all the possible hassles involved.
Many be missing a trick, but like to concentrate on the fixing.
Will not do a job unless i supply the adhesive and grout.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If I'm supplying the tiles, which I like to, why wouldn't you want to earn an extra couple of hundred quid on a bathroom for making a phone call and organising delivery. I also don't even order the tiles until I have received full amount for them.

Dependant upon how many metres will determine if I want a deposit for labour and other materials. You need to cover your costs. Fortunately I have never been caught out with non-payment from customer, but then again, I don't sub to builders :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Some customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB