Discuss Some customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

My sisters a contract lawyer. Im thinking of taking him to the cleaners but you know I just can't be arsed. Im back in manchester for the second time this week. Shattered. Sick. Tired. Just want it to go away. If I see him I'd kick seven shades of sh*t out of him.

Ps yes I could take him. Emails agreeing to prices T&c's etc etc is a binding contract.

Shes writing me an invoice worded ever so nicely to bill him for my time used in the previous 5 weeks.

I was at his house til 10:45pm one evening. Even had to put up with his hound of a wife breastfeeding feeding in front of me. Ffs

Its very rare that I take a deposit I only supply adhesive,grout and trim always let the customer get the tiles,but after the chap doing the dirty on me,I think its time to get a bit up front before I start,I do not know if some of you read the thread I posted about ,Topps giving bad advice regarding the chipboard floor well that's the chap who has stitched me,gave him a lot of advice on where he was going wrong and helped him with plenty of good advice and he just wasted my time.

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
My sisters a contract lawyer. Im thinking of taking him to the cleaners but you know I just can't be arsed. Im back in manchester for the second time this week. Shattered. Sick. Tired. Just want it to go away. If I see him I'd kick seven shades of sh*t out of him.

Ps yes I could take him. Emails agreeing to prices T&c's etc etc is a binding contract.

Shes writing me an invoice worded ever so nicely to bill him for my time used in the previous 5 weeks.

I was at his house til 10:45pm one evening. Even had to put up with his hound of a wife breastfeeding feeding in front of me. Ffs

bet she had boob's like spaniel ears, aswell ...:lol:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I always take 50% of the total price at start of job, 50% on completion.
It works for me and never had any real problems with it.
If a customer wasn't happy with this, I would explane that its a matter of trust on both sides.
Them trusting me to do a good job and me trusting them to pay. 50% at start seems a fair compromise on both sides.
I would really struggle to do this.......I cant help thinking its basically like saying to the customer "I don't trust you" and sets an uncomfortable atmosphere throughout the job.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Im sure I would loose work if I tried to get a deposit off every job. if i'm only supplying adhesive and grout, I think a lot of customers would be reluctant to cough up a deposit incase you do a runner. however if i'm supplying a large amount of tiles, £500 to a grands worth then I would ask for some up front..

Some up front Andy. the whole lot would have to be paid for before I fix any tiles. What good is a grands worth of tiles to me that I don't like?

I get the cheque/transfer then buy the tiles and have them delivered before I start the job. Firstly the materials are paid for, too late for customer to change mind, secondly, I don't have to help unload :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Some customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB