Discuss Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

WOW, Phil, I think we ALL love you!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

Ok, some thoughts on the video, apart from being blown away by the work - as a first time visitor I would have preferred less slides on each job, so you get maybe one or two more site examples in.

The vaulted ceiling is so staggeringly good I would have put it earlier on and maybe an example of some modern look work after that, so people see you can do Victorian, challenges like that ceiling AND a sharp clean look, for those of more modern tastes.

The music I love, too, but not on this work video, bit like steak and strawberries, both great, but not together.

Saying all that I thought how wonderful! I really must to this for my own work, too!!, and yes, I agree, it is the way forward :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

WOW, Phil, I think we ALL love you!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

Ok, some thoughts on the video, apart from being blown away by the work - as a first time visitor I would have preferred less slides on each job, so you get maybe one or two more site examples in.

The vaulted ceiling is so staggeringly good I would have put it earlier on and maybe an example of some modern look work after that, so people see you can do Victorian, challenges like that ceiling AND a sharp clean look, for those of more modern tastes.

The music I love, too, but not on this work video, bit like steak and strawberries, both great, but not together.

Saying all that I thought how wonderful! I really must to this for my own work, too!!, and yes, I agree, it is the way forward :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Many thanks Gisela, I know what you mean. But this was submitted to the TTA regarding, CSCS heritage card. They required three examples of pre 1919 Geometric work hence the victorian theme I threw the vaulted ceiling in as an unusual challenge.

Now I know how to do this ( with my sons help) I might repeat it with some more contemporary work, and different music:yikes::thumbsup:

U

user123

Phew, for a minute when you hadn't replied I thought I may have offended in some way, but for the purpose you describe it's perfect! :thumbsup:

I thought about the music, too, I don't know if that is possible for Danny to do, but to match the style of the music to the style of the tiling would be amazing in the next one... say something classical for the Victorian look, something dungeon like (not over the top :lol:) with a bit of drama or suspense for the vaulted ceiling.. god I LOVE that corner joint... and then blend into something sharp and modern for the contemporary work... :hurray: ooh, yes... :thumbsup:

T

Phew, for a minute when you hadn't replied I thought I may have offended in some way, but for the purpose you describe it's perfect! :thumbsup:

I thought about the music, too, I don't know if that is possible for Danny to do, but to match the style of the music to the style of the tiling would be amazing in the next one... say something classical for the Victorian look, something dungeon like (not over the top :lol:) with a bit of drama or suspense for the vaulted ceiling.. god I LOVE that corner joint... and then blend into something sharp and modern for the contemporary work... :hurray: ooh, yes... :thumbsup:

Gisela, I don't think you could ever offend me. I have so much respect for your work, I love your imput/ advice. Maybe if I could e-mail some ideas for my next more contemporary slide show, you might be so kind, as to give me some tips on music/ layout etc:thumbsup: Thanks Phil.

U

united

Thanks Mark, I Know I have to work on the length of the clips, and the music:yikes: I hope my next effort will be better:thumbsup:

I thought the video was put together well mate

It's hard to find the right music to put on a video, I always find myself putting on music to my own taste and not a 'neutral'

Who cares about the music when you have work of that standard :thumbsup:

U

user123

Gisela, I don't think you could ever offend me. I have so much respect for your work, I love your imput/ advice. Maybe if I could e-mail some ideas for my next more contemporary slide show, you might be so kind, as to give me some tips on music/ layout etc:thumbsup: Thanks Phil.

Just as long as it's not over the coming week... :thumbsup:

You may find some more music here:

Internet Tip - Royalty Free Music at No Charge (free stuff)

or there:
Royalty Free Music & Audio: Search Stock Samples, Loops & Tracks | iStockphoto.com (fees to pay)

Reply to Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, am trying to complete a Victorian tiled hallway (pic attached), loads of questions to...
Replies
Views
T
    • Winner
Victorian Geometric Hallway Flooring. Geometric Floor Tiling by Timeless Tiles John. Nothing...
Replies
Views
T
I’m pricing a job which is 26m2 of front garden path to be tiled with old English geometric...
Replies
Views
I am looking to source some original/reproduction geometric tiles, I have found sites like...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.