Discuss Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

Hi Phil, this card that you have put portfolio in for with the tta you mention pre 1919 work does that mean that it would be like my stuff = restoration ? not sure what the card is for ? as the work you have submitted brilliant though it is happens to be new ?

Many thanks Gisela, I know what you mean. But this was submitted to the TTA regarding, CSCS heritage card. They required three examples of pre 1919 Geometric work hence the victorian theme I threw the vaulted ceiling in as an unusual challenge.

plus if a Co is not affiliated with the tta what is the point of the card? my core work is restoration and mostly Grade 1 & 2 listed buildings not once has this card been mentioned ? just curious mate. you are welcome on any of my restoration contracts no prob :welcome::thumbsup::hurray:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Phil, this card that you have put portfolio in for with the tta you mention pre 1919 work does that mean that it would be like my stuff = restoration ? not sure what the card is for ? as the work you have submitted brilliant though it is happens to be new ?

Many thanks Gisela, I know what you mean. But this was submitted to the TTA regarding, CSCS heritage card. They required three examples of pre 1919 Geometric work hence the victorian theme I threw the vaulted ceiling in as an unusual challenge.

plus if a Co is not affiliated with the tta what is the point of the card? my core work is restoration and mostly Grade 1 & 2 listed buildings not once has this card been mentioned ? just curious mate. you are welcome on any of my restoration contracts no prob :welcome::thumbsup::hurray:

Hi Steve, as I understand it, the CSCS heritage card is simply to confirm that the holder of it is competent of laying Geometric/ victorian floors if the existing is beyond repair/restoration.

Also understanding traditional methods of fixing ie: sand and cement etc. This will never be a threat to your undoubted mastery of our beloved craft.:thumbsup:

T

Thanks for all your comments, just to say I appreciate all the feedback from the forum. I received an e-mail today, confirming that my application for heritage CSCS card had been approved. I don't know what the benefits may be, as apparently I am the first successful applicant, in the UK.

I know there are members of this forum, who are far more deserving of this card (Tenchman, Timeless John, Tommyzoom, Hillhead, Dave.) and many more to numerous to mention. Time will tell:thumbsup:

T

Tenchman

hi Phil, cheers for comments, i'm not with the tta and never likely to be given my feelings towards the organisation.
so i doubt i would ever apply but i hope it helps you with work, as regards restoration, all of the floors i have restored on listed buildings have been validated by one or more of the relevant authorities.
Historic Scotland often refers my Co.

as regards restoration offer stands as my work load is approx 97% restoration and i doubt if there are many other Co's who have that high a % of restoration.

all the best Steve:thumbsup:

Reply to Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, am trying to complete a Victorian tiled hallway (pic attached), loads of questions to...
Replies
Views
T
    • Winner
Victorian Geometric Hallway Flooring. Geometric Floor Tiling by Timeless Tiles John. Nothing...
Replies
Views
T
I’m pricing a job which is 26m2 of front garden path to be tiled with old English geometric...
Replies
Views
I am looking to source some original/reproduction geometric tiles, I have found sites like...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Some examples of my work, Victorian / Geometric etc.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.