Discuss Sound proofing an apartment floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I have advised a customer to have sound proof boards laid prior to receiving a covering of slate tiles.
Its only a small hallway entrance of a top floor apartment but realise that lease agreements often restrict the installation of hard floors!
Now I need to look at the options available but I'am restricted to maximum 10/15mm thickness for the boards as the slate+ will present a step into the room if I use thicker .
Price is not a factor at this stage so no discussion in this forum is necessary.
Thanks.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I have advised a customer to have sound proof boards laid prior to receiving a covering of slate tiles.
Its only a small hallway entrance of a top floor apartment but realise that lease agreements often restrict the installation of hard floors!
Now I need to look at the options available but I'am restricted to maximum 10/15mm thickness for the boards as the slate+ will present a step into the room if I use thicker .
Price is not a factor at this stage so no discussion in this forum is necessary.
Thanks.

Ditra sound John ive used it a few times in hotels ..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
if it is a communal area or non occupied area it should not need sound proofing from a regs point of view. Hallways and kitchens don't get tested. You can of course put it in as a matter of choice. I would recommend a chat with Cellecta or thermal ecconomics Ltd who both have tileable solutions for refurb work.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sound proofing an apartment floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi. Novice here. Need to know what needs to be water-sealed as it's an old house. I went to a...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
B
Hi, We're currently renovating our house and under the marley tiles that were under the parquet...
Replies
Views
borgie
B
S
Hi We're coming to the final stages of our build, externals were done by builder and internals...
Replies
Views
U
I hope somebody can offer us some advice. We had an extension built last spring and have been...
Replies
Views
R
Hello all, Following on from my last thread I wondered how you would suggest fixing 6mm Marmox...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB