Discuss Speed Challenge from Tileution in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tileution

Hi All,

Any of you guys/girls up for a speed challenge man/woman against machine as a bit of fun and to prove a point in the new year?? I might put some money on the table that is there for any one who thinks they can beat the Tileution to walk away with - I'm putting my money where my mouth is!!

any takers:yikes:

rgds
Stuart

[video=youtube;S6SQ_Zz6J2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6SQ_Zz6J2U&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

[video=youtube;bSVLxtvzziI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSVLxtvzziI&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
okies,just spreading addy?

in reality you need to setup tools and also clean tools at end of day,does this challenge include cleaning the machine down and also setting it up against a tiler who only has to open a bucket and clean a trowel or two down? i dont really know how your machine is cleaned to be fair but i was interested in the answer?

also in regards to speed in troweling adhesive,a lot of floors walls are not flat so tiles need packed out /back buttered......is it going to be faster to setup the machine to trowel say a floor then clean and put it away and get the hand trowel out to then back butter and pack out to flatten the tiling?

not being negative towards this machine stuart just think the speed test is not really a real life test imo unless the machine back butterrs and levels also although i stand to be corrected

T

Tileution

Hi all previous posts, certainly seems to be generating some interesting comments and I'm happy to explain maybe in more detail in the morning . So ill keep this short

There are two types of machine vertical semi automatic and floor fully automatic , the wall machine you see in the video clip can be spun round upside down so you use the automatic nozzle on the floor like you would a trowel it quick and immediate, the floor model fully automatic.- let's be serious vertical machines are for more smaller areas and the fully automated for larger areas the bigger the area the bigger the benefits - machines don't get tired they go on and on , cleaning is simple if you use a fast setting cement based product you make sure you don't let it go off before the next batch is fed in if it does go off the hose is so cheap you will have saved yourself the cost of the hose 20 times over anyway

Hope this helps a bit more keep the questions coming as I said its all a bit of fun and I'm thinking about how much to put up for a proper challenge I typed this on me blackberry.

Reply to Speed Challenge from Tileution in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
I us my angle grinder for a lot of shaping but it is a bit aggressive sometimes so I was looking...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
S
Charity single getting released for Gary Speed...
Replies
Views
D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6SkvO0TERcU found this i wonder if it...
Replies
Views
P
Would be a good idea for us to share tips and videos of how to use Sigma machines properly for...
Replies
Views
Found this on Youtube.<br> <br> I was impressed because this woman tiled her shower in 2 and a...
Replies
Views
Yorkshire Tiling Services
Y

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Speed Challenge from Tileution
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.