Discuss Speed Challenge from Tileution in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

good point mike

the easiest was to compare this tileution is simply to look at the plastering game..

they have machines and have done in germany since the late 70's early 80's..they really havent evolved since then. reason being is they can only pump the plaster out onto the wall! the plasterer then uses his straight edge to flatten and trowel/spats to finish the area. this can take several passes and no machine can lay on perfectly in one hit!! apply only!

so the tileution will only really be capable of dispersing adhesive and not always guarantee the correct bond due to the rigidness of the design.... if i had designed the tileution, i would have used a hose attachment with a flat spreading attachment so you could have more flexability when laying on the adhesive. it would be easier to go back and forth over the area as opposed to the rigid design.. you could have then flicked a switch down (like a hoover) to expose the serrated edge, which you could then use to go over the area that you have laid.

anyway, lets see how it gets on. im not rating it or slating it, just giving some feedback based on my experience with machine application.

ps mikethetile has a very very valid point..the minute you make any application quicker on site, then the rate is refelcted!!

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Tiler's that learn there trowel technique by applying Addy only, aways have that dabbing short scraping way that bloke in the film has, and i find it annoying to watch, Tiler's that come from plastering background's have a much broader let's get it on way !!after there name spreads way IMO :lol:

comments like that are ridiculous towards fellow tilers.

D

Daz

interesting challenge
1 same area
2 same adh
3 same tiles
4 2 man woman crew
5 must be to british standards (I presume this includes lifting a few tiles to demonstrate adhesive coverage?)
6 start with all tools in van
7 finish time when cleaned and packed back up in van

sounds like a fair challenge (if thats the rules)

so whos up to it

I agree, it has to be a complete tile fix job (excluding grouting) to be a realistic trial. I'm sure that Stuart can advise on a job size that he feels represents a suitable "break even point" for the machine against manual.

I am, also, interested to understand more detail in relation to rapid set versus standard set and machine clean down requirements etc..

I hope this trial goes ahead and I look forward to comprehensive video footage.

Daz

Reply to Speed Challenge from Tileution in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
I us my angle grinder for a lot of shaping but it is a bit aggressive sometimes so I was looking...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
S
Charity single getting released for Gary Speed...
Replies
Views
D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6SkvO0TERcU found this i wonder if it...
Replies
Views
P
Would be a good idea for us to share tips and videos of how to use Sigma machines properly for...
Replies
Views
Found this on Youtube.<br> <br> I was impressed because this woman tiled her shower in 2 and a...
Replies
Views
Yorkshire Tiling Services
Y

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Speed Challenge from Tileution
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.