Discuss Spiked Roller help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

I just wanted to know if tradetilers price of £35 for the 250mm is the going rate. ?

Does anyone use anything other than a spiked roller?

Correct me if im wrong, the spiked rollers purpose is to eradicate the air bubbles after each pour of slc? What problems could the bubbles pose to the slc or tiling?

Thats presuming the air bubbles appear after each pour? Is it the substrate that makes the air bubbles appear?

Thanks for any tech help with the above

R

Rich

I meant to put up a post about this a while ago but I totally forgot.

I spent the day with a weber rep a few months ago and we got talking about SLCs and methods for mixing and applying. Weber are now recommending a toothed trowel on a long handle, rather than a spiked roller. The problem with just smoothing it around with the flat of your trowel is that the water sits on top and it can trap the air under the SLC. the spiked roller is meant to release the air from underneath but apparently this new notched spreader is better and quicker at doing this.

I gave it ago (I just used one of my wall trowels) and have to say made a really good job of it. I have done this a few times now, I pick which trowel to use depending on how out the floor is and spread the SLC as if it was adhesive and the SLC finds a nice level as well a leaving a smooth finish.

Not sure if that is of any use but it puts a different angle on it :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spiked Roller help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Hi , I seem to be doing something wrong when I self level floors, they never are flat after I...
Replies
Views
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
R
Bit of info on Durabase... The problem Most people have had issues in a wet area, where they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Spiked Roller help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.