Discuss Spilt Face Mosaic Price. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Screenshot_2015-10-23-20-17-49.png

I

Ian

Was thinking of £500 so not far out..:)
Definitely mate, that stuff can be a pain in the balls to do. Always some that needs taking off the sheets, they are just like crappy mosaics that are all out of line. Give yourself plenty of time, if it goes well, you earn a bit more, if it takes a bit longer you don't get left out of pocket.

J

J Sid

Ok, 1 day prep (no mention of a days sanding in first post Andy), 1 day to tile (even with a fire place to cut round) plus adhesive and 1lt Stain Stop.
Total £560

How can you possibly think of charging £40 to £50 m2 for some split face stone, they are not mosaics. No post fix cleaning, leaving to dry, coat of sealer, then grouting, cleaning, leaving to dry for a few days and final seal. Just fix and seal

Don't often disagree with what said on here, but this one of those occasions :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Ok, 1 day prep (no mention of a days sanding in first post Andy), 1 day to tile (even with a fire place to cut round) plus adhesive and 1lt Stain Stop.
Total £560

How can you possibly think of charging £40 to £50 m2 for some split face stone, they are not mosaics. No post fix cleaning, leaving to dry, coat of sealer, then grouting, cleaning, leaving to dry for a few days and final seal. Just fix and seal

Don't often disagree with what said on here, but this one of those occasions :)
Read my first post.......I said I will have to sand some paint off.......my price will be about £500 so your £60 more than me and if I do it in 3 days then I'm happy with my price. :)
I gave up rushing years ago....life's to short...

J

J Sid

You're not disagreeing at £560 Julian are u?
Only in ur expected timescale.

Yes @3_fall, I disagree with how long it would take. I would expect to be home by 2 o'clock if I had 12 m2 of those to fix.

And the fact that £50 m2 could possibly be charged for split face stone. Fixing 20 m2 a day of these is no problem even with some mitred corners. I would happily do them day after day at that price. ;)

Reply to Spilt Face Mosaic Price. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a wall to tile with 600 x 150 split face tiles. At two local tile shops, I...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
I'm struggling with a price on this one. Bathroom with 3 windows 57x100 (all at the same...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
H
Hi All, Firstly I'm not a tiler! I've just moved in with my partner and I'm looking to rent out...
Replies
Views
I
S
I'm installing a woodburner against a false chimney breast of block construction. I want to...
Replies
Views
Stevey44
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB