Discuss stick or twist (layout question) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dantheram

if you put a full tile in the door way then the whole floor will have to be squared off the doorway, or you may end up with a full tile one side of the door and 10mm gap the other side, or 10mm slither off a tile, I would budge it up and have half a tile each end..

Ah yes obviously the door won't run straight so you're right - over sight on my part.

So if I measure off my centre line enough to give half at the door and snap a new line here I'll be ok correct?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Ah yes obviously the door won't run straight so you're right - over sight on my part.

So if I measure off my centre line enough to give half at the door and snap a new line here I'll be ok correct?

yep, if you can work it half tile each end then fine, its allways best to cut into doorways, walls etc, incase they run out....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to stick or twist (layout question) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB