UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stone profiling by Daz & Bri in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

Yeah, I meant to mention in the original post that I realise the profiler should run along the edge, but I have found it difficult to control and to get an even finish that way. I have gained better results by using it the way in the pictures. I lay a polishing cloth over the face of the tile so that the guide wheel does not mark the tile and it works well for me.

try using gaffa tape on the guide wheel might help

I

Ian

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so sorted the van out then had a quick blast with the new profiling gear, a bit more practice needed but I'm more than happy with this as a second go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317922305.969912.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317922340.067027.jpg

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

I

Ian

Gosh, that's a really smooth edge, Bri, is that automatic straight off or did you have to smooth it after profiling?

That's been polished 3 times after profiling it, 200, then 400, then 800 grit polishing pads. I'm going to do another one tomorrow afternoon and take it to my local tile shop, hopefully they can display it and offer the profiling as a service on my behalf,

G

Gazzer

That's been polished 3 times after profiling it, 200, then 400, then 800 grit polishing pads. I'm going to do another one tomorrow afternoon and take it to my local tile shop, hopefully they can display it and offer the profiling as a service on my behalf,

If you do that then drill a few different size holes in the Travertine, that way you can show that you can do a drilling service too.

I

Ian

Here's the one for the shop, 2 edges profiled and a selection of holes cored in it. Much happier with this profile, I found that if I did alot of the polishing with the 200 and 400 grit pads the 800 was just used to give a final buff up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317998099.070321.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317998121.485520.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317998142.085615.jpg

I also ran the router around the corner on this one which gives a slightly different finish to the one I posted yesterday, not sure I like it as much but, it's another option.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
We had a bit of a discussion about that Dave, we were aware that it was designed to be done the other way round but without clamping the tile to the bench that was the best way to do it to enable the user to keep 2 hands on the grinder. When I get my own kit I'll practice and find a way that suits me and if necessary get some clamps to enable me to do it the other way. There's going to be a lot of dust and ruined trav!
who you ordered the kit through bri

Reply to Stone profiling by Daz & Bri in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
this is the second bad batch of stone ive had from two different suppliers within a week. first...
Replies
Views
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
C
More stuff in this week, one of these will be of more interest to the readership here than the...
Replies
Views
Dan s
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.