Discuss students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

No harm in a protest but damage to that degree is a nonsense and what if the fire extinguisher that was thrown off the building had hit someone.............

If thats the brains of tomorrow then were in big trouble.

I agree with that 100% mark

there was no need for any damage or throwing a fire extinguisher, the right way to do it was a sit in protest on the roof. they could still be there now with world wide coverage and an embarrassed goverment

these kids have a lot to learn

D

diamondtiling

the real trouble was caused by anarchists and subversives and not students!! and the the police deliberately only sent a few so there would be public uproar and the Tory's would back the thin blue line even more to safeguard the polices funding , it was the conservative's HQ !! it was all staged for political gain IMO by them that would gain!! think about it!!

Never a truer word said Dave, there were hundreds of well placed people that were always out for a punch up and to damage as much as they could. The police were sitting back and welcoming it. There will be many more riots when the cuts start to bite next year.
Watch this space.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

i have totally lost faith in the police ,in the last two years!! they are not interested in everyday crime and serving us the public, they are more interested in the cash cow of the motorist, the glamorous action jobs, like anti-terrorism, drug squad, armed -response, and as chrisroe said above beating peeps up, which in my book action and violence is the same as legalized criminality on its own, after watching them shoot the barrister who was drunk, so many times and that young Brazilian lad so many times, IMO they are animals now!! not the old fashion British bobby i new!!

O

Olz

I thinks its becuase there was reportedly (according to bbc news) between 250 and 500 police and 50,000 protesters, I wouldnt like to pick a fight if I was out numbered by potentially 100 to 1 and lets face it the students clearly showed that they werent opposed to violence, the moron who threw a fire extinguisher from the top of a roof into a crown should be found and locked up for attempted murder IMO, it seems to be a miracle it didnt hit anyone, and if it had i cant see how anyone would survive being smacked over the head with a large metal cyclinder from that height.

It also looked like they were surrounded by the crowd, so if they had of started grabbing folk and locking them up it begs the question what would they have done then, I cant see them having much joy asking the protesters to stop rioting whilst they passed through the crowd back to the van :lol:

O

Olz

Never a truer word said Dave, there were hundreds of well placed people that were always out for a punch up and to damage as much as they could. The police were sitting back and welcoming it. There will be many more riots when the cuts start to bite next year.
Watch this space.

Do you really believe this, the news showed one copper with his face bust open where someone had swung the wooden baton off a placard and cracked him in the face, do you really thing any human being would 'welcome' that?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
On the news last night it said that the responsibility for the violence rests on the shoulders of the people who caused the trouble......Brilliant piece of journalism
On the police side , they can't touch any one in case they drop down dead or something

Nah that old bloke was going home from working on the corner selling papers. That copper who got off with manslaughter should have been locked up IMO. He didn't even have his numbers on his shoulder, so he couldn't have got clocked if he did anything wrong. I was understood coppers don't leave the station without numbers on whatever they're wearing for whatever event. So he knew he was up for something that day.

And as Chris Roe said, they love this sort of stuff. It's a legitimate brawl in their eyes.

Reply to students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
students riot in london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.