Discuss students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Do you really believe this, the news showed one copper with his face bust open where someone had swung the wooden baton off a placard and cracked him in the face, do you really thing any human being would 'welcome' that?

No they dont welcome injuries Oli, the police were in short supply for a reason and that was to send a message to the government about cuts to the force. Those were ordinary coppers following their orders, the top brass knew exactly what they were doing regarding policing those students

O

Olz

Yeah, the paper seller from london was unlawfully killed IMO, he was walking away, people say he was walking slowly on purpose trying to take the mick, even IF he was, was there really any need to throw him to the floor, wouldnt taking hold of his arm and marching him off quicker or something been better. Im sure the copper didnt mean to kill him but I suppose that there is always a chance, how many times have you heard about the pub kicking out time fight where someone takes a punch to the head and keels over, or gets punched and falls and bangs their head on the kerb.

A mate of mine who owns a gym used to be a doorman, he pushed someone in the chest who came at him fists swinging, he though he was being very restrained and doing the right thing in pushing the guy instead or giving him a smack (and my mate was and still is a very big guy). He shoved the guy back and as he stumbled backward he slipped over, backward and hit his head on the kerb, he died there at the side of the road, my mate who defended himself in the minimal way got done with manslaughter, he was absolutley gutted that the guy died and had pushed people away hundereds of times before, probably at least one a night on a friday, saturday, sunday. He loved working the doors, but just couldnt bring himself to go back to it when he got out of prison, he was terrified that something similar would happen to him again.

Likewise there are door men who will do the exact same every weekend for the next 20 odd years and never kill anyone, just goes to show you never know whats going to happen. I'm waffling now and cant remember the point I was trying to make. :lol:

O

Olz

t212_feat01.jpg ......

Reply to students riot in london in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
students riot in london
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.