UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stupid hours in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Also did a 3 month job in Fortingall, coming home once a fortnight, usually had a 5:30am to 10pm shift
asleep-048.gif

B

Bartlett

Does anybody else work stupid hours or is it just me? I left for work this morning at about 7.45am as Im only working round the corner, I have just got in... Its 10.40pm. Thats a 14 hour day and the rest of the week looks to be much the same :dizzy2:.

I've done silly hours in the past and people thought I was mad. I probably was? But then I went home and ate and got to bed. I don't remember going home and logging on to Tilers Forum!!! :lol:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

ask phil hobson how many hours you spend tiling an aldi supermarket floor ,150 mtrs per day ,screed ,tile & vibrate. friday was like a day off only 600 mtrs of grouting to do .good money but after a few of them you change shape .

Hey Tommy, we loved it didn't we? Guess we didn't:yikes: Like you say, good money. But at what price? Ten days to do 1100m2 sand / cement power vibro. Twelve hour shifts, and the rest. 25 ton ready mix every morning, if I remember we used to lay 6 days 1st week, grout Sun, then lay Mon to fri 2nd week.Sat grout remainder of floor, skirtings, bucket sinks etc. Sunday off heaven:thumbsup: Then start again on another store Mon. Happy days? Perhaps not:ban:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stupid hours in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.