Discuss sub-contract work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Re: subcontract work

the guy owns a shop not far from me selling stone, his partner runs the shop and he dose the fixing, but hes a bit snowed under at the momment, its all demestic work and the odd one off builder, he rang me the middle of last week , he want to see pics of my work so i sent him on here to look at my albums, and he rang back today with the offer.

i got a few little jobs to finish, then i will give it a go see what its like :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester

think stone work should be £40 -£50 m2 in the current climate not a bad offer £650 00 a week take what you can get fix only even better struggle to get £110 a day at the moment plumbers ok though he is only on £200 a day

it would be £40-£50 if i was priceing it myself, subbings a different ball game

G

Gazzer

It sounds good to me for subbing work but is that pre tax or after and what about travel expenses etc and tools. I mean if he is expecting you to wear out your wet cutter he is in fact hiring it. So is the £130 a day for your manual labour ?
Also what would expect done for £130 per day ?

If it were regular work and local using his expensive tools then its a good deal.

Reply to sub-contract work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys. My son, 16, not enjoying school or college has been working with me for a bit of money...
Replies
Views
alice james
A
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
sub-contract work
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.