Discuss Suprised in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all

Just thought i'd post to let you guys know what happend to me today trying to do a bit of marketing.

I wont name the company but i'll give you a clue, there are two letters in the title of this diy/trade store.

As its a bank holiday i've been doing some diy at home myself, i am insulating my loft. I went to the said store yesterday to buy the insulation for my loft and noticed it was very very busy. This made me think, i've got 5000 feaflets at home ready to be delivered so i thought tommorrow morning i'll nip there and put some under the car windscreen wipers as you never know. I have had a job from doing this in the past.

So i did just that this morning, went round the very busy car park once this morning and put some flyers under windscreen wipers. I then went off and played football as i do every week.

Got home an hour ago and there's a message on my home answer phone from a lady called Kerry telling me she is from the said store. She then says in a very rude manner that the flyers i had put on the cars today had all been thrown in the bin and that they would appreciate that i dont bother doing it again as its wasting their time and my money as all flyers will be thrown away again.

This has made me quite angry and i would just like to here what you guys think. Was i being a bit out of order for doing it?

I think that times are hard and a company like that should try and help small businesses like me and you by letting us do that. Its not as if they have their own fitting service, plus they have the trade point where i have bought things before in the past. It seems to me they want us as trades men to use them for materials but in no way can we expect anything back. I am currently :incazzato::incazzato: and i am going to contact them regarding the issue and see what the manager says.

Rant over, i need some wine!!

I can understand TOTALLY why you would be angry with this woman mate :incazzato: - but I'm with John on this one, I hate folk sticking stuff under my windscreen wiper....:mad2:

Maybe i should have thought more about that but things like that just dont bother me. If someone puts one under my wiper i just read it, if its of no intrest i throw it in the bin.

D

DHTiling

Annoying yes..

But you have actually broke the law..

In April 2006 it was Illegal to post flyers etc on cars/windows etc without prior permission.

The acts and statutes are quite simple, as of 2006 it is only unlawful (or anti-social) to post flyers on private property, such as cars, railings, shop windows (without permission) etc. However it is perfectly legal to put them on public property, through mail boxes, or to hand out leaflets in public.

So with that stores car park being private etc then they can prosecute if they so wish..

Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 (c. 16)

U

united

Annoying yes..

But you have actually broke the law..

In April 2006 it was Illegal to post flyers etc on cars/windows etc without prior permission.

The acts and statutes are quite simple, as of 2006 it is only unlawful (or anti-social) to post flyers on private property, such as cars, railings, shop windows (without permission) etc. However it is perfectly legal to put them on public property, through mail boxes, or to hand out leaflets in public.

So with that stores car park being private etc then they can prosecute if they so wish..

Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 (c. 16)

Good post Dave :thumbsup:

Even handing them out in public can get you in trouble as most places you would stand can be said to be 'private land'

You can get a licence to hand out flyers in City Centres but they are expensive.

Reply to Suprised in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
Suprised
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.