Discuss Suprised in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fergy7197

its such a shame that so many barriers are put up for people doing a bit of simple marketing, yes some people find it annoying people put things under their window wipers, but whats the 1st thing u do?

walk up, take it off and naturally read it a bit, if it intresta you, you will keep it, fair enough you might not buy from that person but it plants the seed of thought.

Take all the unsolicited mail (leaflets) that royal mail deliver ( imyself as a postie deliver them), people say they hate them etc but yet nobody sends in a request not to recieve them.

Joe public do like a good moan, but wont do anything about it.

Its a good way of marketing and can be cost effective too.

If so called retailer were really clever they would speak to the person putting the leaflets out and charge them to put flyers out, which could help protect their "fitting teams" too.

M

mikethetile

I think it was the tone of the phone call which angered me most. If they had just explained to me that i was breaking the law in doing it and maybe taking trade away from their fitters i would have held my hands up.

I was just trying to generate business not offend.

Looks like i'll just be putting them through doors now.

Cheers for responses :thumbsup:
I dont know what it is with B&Q the other sheds seem to be able to talk to you reasonably, I dont have high expectations of the sheds as they are aimed at the diy market and package and price accordingly

but my biggest gripe with them is their attitude to the general public

in short .......it stinks

I have been going into their stores for 30 yrs and its allways been the same, it must be to do with their training

A

Aston

Annoying yes..

But you have actually broke the law..

In April 2006 it was Illegal to post flyers etc on cars/windows etc without prior permission.

The acts and statutes are quite simple, as of 2006 it is only unlawful (or anti-social) to post flyers on private property, such as cars, railings, shop windows (without permission) etc. However it is perfectly legal to put them on public property, through mail boxes, or to hand out leaflets in public.

So with that stores car park being private etc then they can prosecute if they so wish..

Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 (c. 16)

good info there mr howe!!

F

Fekin

I tiled a friends kitchen just after they'd had B&Q into fit it.

Kitchen units and fittings was something like £2000, and over £2500 fitting charges.

I was reems of itemised parts lists abd it made eye watering reading...

600 x 400 door = £60
Fitting of 600 x 400 door = £70

x1 door handle = £12
Fitting of door handle £20

Sink waste pipe £15
Fitting of sink waste pipe £30

and so on...

M

mikethetile

Kitchen units and fittings was something like £2000, and over £2500 fitting charges.

600 x 400 door = £60

x1 door handle = £12

Sink waste pipe £15

and so on...

seen this before, what amazes me is that they get away with it

as did mfi for years and ikea still do

T

Time's Ran Out

600 x 400 door = £60

x1 door handle = £12

Sink waste pipe £15

and so on...

Although its a numbers game - by actually itemising everything, 'that' customers knows exactly what they are getting and how much to pay!
Some clients are afraid with this industry by being overcharged when receiving an estimate on the back of a *** packet.
Although it may sound expensive, no doubt the fitters overheads are all included in individual costings.
Saying that I wouldn't pay £2500 fitting for a £2000 kitchen!

Reply to Suprised in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
Suprised
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.