• Thread starter Just Rizzle
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 397

Discuss switching in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Has anyone switched TV, broadband and land line? I'm with sky got the full package but fed up with them keep increasing there prices so thinking of switching to Virgin ........
I'm on Virgin Andy,
I was on sky before that.
Still I undecided as to which I prefer.
The broadband with Virgin is excellent as long as you're not too far from the nearest hub.
We're on the newest super speed, switched the other day.
This is my new broadband speed this morning.
image.png

But you do need to be specific about your broadband speed. They have different packages.
Their extra room boxes are very cheap compared to sky, effectively half the price.
Usability is definately won by Sky.
Super easy to use compared to Virgin, you have to read all the tips and tricks in menu to get most from it.
I don't have sports any more, but with the biggest family package I still get BT sport for free, so I don't need the rest tbh, there's enough on there to suit my needs.
When we first signed up, if you had TiVo box you got an extra room box free.
One thing about their extra boxes,they're very basic. No forward or rewind and so on, and you can't access your recordings. You have to have extra TiVo boxes for that.
But tbh Andy I don't know what sky boxes give.
Virgin anywhere app is pretty kool.
You can watch a lot of channels over wifi if you're out and about.
I don't know how far sky's come in that respect.
I still pay £85 a month tho mate.
No sports or movies either.
But I do have highest broadband, Eve and weekend free calls on landline, which we NEVER use haha
And 3 extra room boxes. One in each bedroom.
Which means I can happily bolt the kids in their room and they don't have to watch the living room tv, which is a blessing! (I do love them, but only when they're out of sight!:p)
Dunno if that helps mate.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I'm on Virgin Andy,
I was on sky before that.
Still I undecided as to which I prefer.
The broadband with Virgin is excellent as long as you're not too far from the nearest hub.
We're on the newest super speed, switched the other day.
This is my new broadband speed this morning.
View attachment 83994

But you do need to be specific about your broadband speed. They have different packages.
Their extra room boxes are very cheap compared to sky, effectively half the price.
Usability is definately won by Sky.
Super easy to use compared to Virgin, you have to read all the tips and tricks in menu to get most from it.
I don't have sports any more, but with the biggest family package I still get BT sport for free, so I don't need the rest tbh, there's enough on there to suit my needs.
When we first signed up, if you had TiVo box you got an extra room box free.
One thing about their extra boxes,they're very basic. No forward or rewind and so on, and you can't access your recordings. You have to have extra TiVo boxes for that.
But tbh Andy I don't know what sky boxes give.
Virgin anywhere app is pretty kool.
You can watch a lot of channels over wifi if you're out and about.
I don't know how far sky's come in that respect.
I still pay £85 a month tho mate.
No sports or movies either.
But I do have highest broadband, Eve and weekend free calls on landline, which we NEVER use haha
And 3 extra room boxes. One in each bedroom.
Which means I can happily bolt the kids in their room and they don't have to watch the living room tv, which is a blessing! (I do love them, but only when they're out of sight!:p)
Dunno if that helps mate.
That helps a lot mate.....thank you.

I pay about £120 a month that's with the full sky TV package, broadband and land line, and sky go .....every channel you can get apart from bt sport I pay extra for that....that's with 2 box sets that you can pause, rewind, record ect.
Was looking at Virgin the same package would cost about £90 but not sure if I would get as many TV channels as I get with sky....plus the box sets .....you know how I love my box sets !!

magga

TF
Nottingham
We used to have Virgin BB but had so many problems with it that they couldn't fix, despite multiple engineer visits, we just cancelled and moved to sky in the end. Sky broadband has been really good, and we've got sky q too which is their new tv product. It's a bit buggy, but you can access all your recordings from multiple boxes, and even watch them in your iPad if you have one.

In your situation, I would just ring them up and say you want to cancel because it's too expensive and you'll get putthrough to retentions where they will offer you a good discount to stay.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
We used to have Virgin BB but had so many problems with it that they couldn't fix, despite multiple engineer visits, we just cancelled and moved to sky in the end. Sky broadband has been really good, and we've got sky q too which is their new tv product. It's a bit buggy, but you can access all your recordings from multiple boxes, and even watch them in your iPad if you have one.

In your situation, I would just ring them up and say you want to cancel because it's too expensive and you'll get putthrough to retentions where they will offer you a good discount to stay.
Think might do that...I've been with them for years....so will see how much they value my custom.

O

Old Mod

There are 100s on sky.....currently into 'house' at the moment.......just noticed full box set of the sopranos as well so may move onto that.
They do have box sets on demand Andy, but fairly limited in choice it seems. But I've only flicked thro menu mate, not spent time going deeper in to it.
And Virgin tv is undergoing improvements at the moment it seems.
So may be best to ask in a store to see what's coming up mate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to switching in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
http://www.*************************.com/water-underfloor-heating-152-w.asp Supplying Water...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, This is my first post and as you will see I am not a tiler and have little knowledge...
Replies
Views
The D
T
D
Would you if you were looking for work , call yourself the best tiler in your area but ask...
Replies
Views
Daveshadowman
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB