UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tanking - do you bother? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Just started stripping back my en-suite shower cubicle.. I knew it was going to be bad.. but didn't realise it was going to be this bad.

Attachments

• DSC00365.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC00366.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC00368.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00370.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC00371.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC00373.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC00372.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 400
D

Deleted member 9966

hi liz

make sure you let that timber dry out completely before you go any further and try and get a coat of timber/rot treatment on..kill any bacteria/spores that can lead to other issues!

Ed.......

radiator is up full blast and the timbers are already drying out..

hubby got fed up of chipping tiles off and decided to take all the plasterboards down, complete with tiles... i'll post pics :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

This is why domestic installs etc should be licenced...

Liz..make sure you kill those mould spores..:thumbsup:

What tiles are you using this time..?

any recommendations about what to purchase to kill the mould? i have some mould killer solution in the cupboard but it's a couple of years old now.

not picked any tiles yet.. not seen anything I like :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

Try to convince the customer but there choice at the end of the day.

Did have to do a regrout on a shower once, all the studwork on one side of the shower was gone, rotten to the core.

hey Beam, if you want me to email you my photo's to show customers, just let me know. I'm happy to share them :thumbsup:

Oh, and can I just point out, the housebuilder (Barratts) skimmed the walls before tiling - in both bathrooms :mad2:

M

mikethetile

This is why domestic installs etc should be licenced...

Liz..make sure you kill those mould spores..:thumbsup:

What tiles are you using this time..?

when we had to apply for our first cscs cards some 15yrs ago we were told that no one could work in a trade unless qualified to do so

almost immediatly they backtracked and exluded domestic work

had they stuck to their original scheme the building industry would now be a different place to work

in this case its newbuild at fault, those that learn this method of instalation are now struggling to find site work and have gone into the domestic sector...........theres going to be a lot of these ripouts for years to come

D

Deleted member 9966

hi liz yes a common thing to see any pics of tap wall as that is norm the source of prob (not sealed around taps ) as already advised let it dry out :8:

jay, the wetness was opposite the taps. i was surprised to find that the water pipes and taps were fitted properly. i think the lipped shower tray has been the start of all the problems :mad2:

Reply to Tanking - do you bother? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.