UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tanking - do you bother? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
hey Beam, if you want me to email you my photo's to show customers, just let me know. I'm happy to share them :thumbsup:

Oh, and can I just point out, the housebuilder (Barratts) skimmed the walls before tiling - in both bathrooms :mad2:

Just read your link Liz, did a cloakroom in a Barretts house same age as yours a couple of months ago. Walls were all over the place, ended up ripping them all off and re boarding, only way I could get a workable level surface. The pipe boxing in looked like they had done it with a cornflakes box, really c**p quality. Most difficult bit was boxing in (with access) the burglar alarm control unit they had situated high up the wall, IN A CLOAKROOM??

D

Deleted member 9966

Just read your link Liz, did a cloakroom in a Barretts house same age as yours a couple of months ago. Walls were all over the place, ended up ripping them all off and re boarding, only way I could get a workable level surface. The pipe boxing in looked like they had done it with a cornflakes box, really c**p quality. Most difficult bit was boxing in (with access) the burglar alarm control unit they had situated high up the wall, IN A CLOAKROOM??

bathroom was done before christmas and we couldn't believe how poor the boxing in for the main waste stack was, and it wasn't until we got a big level up against the walls that we realised each wall in the room leaned in. there was some dodgy plumbing too that even my husband managed to figure out how to sink under the floorboards rather than having some specially created boxing in just for the sink waste :yikes:

the shower is now properly boarded and tanked. just waiting for Miss Picky aka GRR aka me to choose some tiles :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking - do you bother? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.