Discuss Tax man!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Got a letter in December from the tax office to say i had overpaid my tax by £1100 and i would get a cheque within 2 weeks...So yesterday i phoned them and asked where it was, they said as my 2010 tax assessment was due in January they were not going to send it until they see what tax i owed on that one...Ok i said will you be paying me interest on my money you owe me? No was there reply...Ok i said next time im late paying my tax i wont pay your £100 late payment fee..:lol: The next reply was my cheque will be with me in a few days...:thumbsup:

P

Pebbs

The tax adviser was wrong, you are entitled to interest on overpayments....and at a better rate than you would get from the banks. But it is normal practise to hold on to money this close to a return period. It is easier fro them to keep hold of it than to chase you for payment later!!!!

Grumpy does that apply to HMRC holding a massive credit balance on our CIS? I rang them and they said until we file our next year end accounts they couldnt release it.

Thanks Pebbs

Reply to Tax man!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tax man!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.