Discuss Temporary screed covering? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DMC

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a a sealant, primer or something than can be applied over screed to suppress dust and make it a bit nicer as a bathroom floor for a few months? We ripped the nasty carpet out of the bathroom but probably won't get around to re-doing the room for a few months, and there seems to be a constant layer of dust and grit underfoot. It will eventually be tiled with marble or similar, probably UFH too. Don't want to build up too much so threshold/transition to hall is level.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

D

DMC

Thanks for the suggestions. I had thought SBR or Mapei PrimerG (it is anhydrate screed) as possibilities.

I would not say the screed is loose, but there problem areas where the carpet tacks strips were nailed in. More than half the floor is covered with mats, but there are always little sandy bits underfoot whenever stepping on the screed.

Besides that, it's ugly as hell. What about a simple concrete paint? Would that inhibit an adhesive from bonding properly?

Thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
If it's an anhydrate screed, it's a whole new ball game....

Not really. A penetrating epoxy will still sort it. Otherwise srapevack the soft bits and put down. Levelling compound. Soft bit imply segregation which generally imply too much water..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Temporary screed covering? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi All I have a couple of questions regarding tiling prep for Anhydrite screeds and was hoping...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, Not been on here for a very long time, kind of dropped out of the tiling business for a...
Replies
Views
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
Hi there First of all, I am VERY happy to have found this forum, as I have been pulling my hair...
Replies
Views
I
Hi All, Been having a bit of a headache about tiling outdoors and posted a number of threads...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB