Discuss Thanks Tilers Forum!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Hi chaps just thought i'd say a few words about what i've been up to, as i've been off the forum a bit, i log in and look, but i've not been contributing that much.

I was getting very fustrated with tiling at the start of the New Year, had some very awkward customers and some difficult jobs to contend with. Really felt like i needed to stop tiling. I had also left my cottage in Wales which i built myself and basically was dossing with mates in the Midlands as the recession had killed the trade in Wales, it was all really doing my head in.

I trained in Rope Access work (dangling off buildings, oil rigs etc) as i climb and i know many guys that do it. Well it turns out those guys are so disorganised that i carried on tiling, i'd be broke in no time if i relied on them!!

I've chased up a few commercial tiling leads that have been posted on the Forum and i've had some cracking work. Good clean sites, good bunch of lads and i get paid on time! The icing on the cake was the phone call yesterday where i've been offered a stack of work in Wales so i can move back home, at last!!! Weird thing is my phone has been dead for private work this month, but i'm hearing nothing but positive things about the commercial sector waking up!

So just want to say thanks to the Forum, as it really has made a positive impact on my life, so cheers!!:hurray:

B

bugs183

Cheers all. Ta for the good vibes!!!

My mate said this good summer could pull us out of recession, maybe he was on to something!

Hi SM, my place is on the road that brings you round to the LLanberis slate quarries, i look out from my front door over Angelsey, and i get the most amazing sunsets when it's not raining!!!!
Love it there, lots of things to do, and loads of great mates there, it's an odd place and it's not for everyone, but it's my home!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
All the highstreet chains have spent money on improving tile lines this year. In my area a new Topps store has opened. They closed our TCH last year so opened a second unit opposite the massive B and Q that opened a few years back.
B &Q who have just spent millions overhauling their tiling products and displays. Wickes has just followed suit. The only one that hasn't is CTD. But, I think they've improved their deals, supply great value adhesives in Webber, and with the reward schemes. Because everyone else has upgaded their lines, CTD has become more competatively priced with them.

P

Peter

Glad you got sorted Bugs. Sometimes this trade just tests us then rewards when you're least expecting it. Noticed customers not being quite as tight and miserable and happy to spend a bit more too. Public confidence seems to be rising and people willing to spend their wages.

This year definitely seemed to pick up from March/April. Had to start an apprentice full time and another tiler a few days a week. If it keeps going hopefully I can take the other tiler on full time too as he's a great wee tiler and has a love for it.

Not done as many B&Q Cirque this year either and more people opting for B&Q polished porc, so that's got to be a sign of the times at least. :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thanks Tilers Forum!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Thanks for my successful registration within this group and Forum. I am currently...
Replies
Views
DiyRob
D
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB