Discuss Thanks Tilers Forum!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
All the highstreet chains have spent money on improving tile lines this year. In my area a new Topps store has opened. They closed our TCH last year so opened a second unit opposite the massive B and Q that opened a few years back.
B &Q who have just spent millions overhauling their tiling products and displays. Wickes has just followed suit. The only one that hasn't is CTD. But, I think they've improved their deals, supply great value adhesives in Webber, and with the reward schemes. Because everyone else has upgaded their lines, CTD has become more competatively priced with them.

P

Peter

Glad you got sorted Bugs. Sometimes this trade just tests us then rewards when you're least expecting it. Noticed customers not being quite as tight and miserable and happy to spend a bit more too. Public confidence seems to be rising and people willing to spend their wages.

This year definitely seemed to pick up from March/April. Had to start an apprentice full time and another tiler a few days a week. If it keeps going hopefully I can take the other tiler on full time too as he's a great wee tiler and has a love for it.

Not done as many B&Q Cirque this year either and more people opting for B&Q polished porc, so that's got to be a sign of the times at least. :lol:

Reply to Thanks Tilers Forum!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Thanks for my successful registration within this group and Forum. I am currently...
Replies
Views
DiyRob
D
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Thanks Tilers Forum!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond