Currently reading:
The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Use an anhydrite compatible adhesive. Here's a list of manufacturers, although it's not exhaustive, and the primer from the same manufacturer to fix the ditra. On top of it you can use your usual flexible cement based adhesive. Also a flowchart that helps you ensure all the steps are followed

Broken Link Removed

[DLMURL]http://gypsol.co.uk/media/1170/guide-sheet-4-flooring-flowchart.pdf[/DLMURL]

Don't forget you might need a movement joint or two in an area that big.

ring me if you need any other advice 07966651006

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

Meant to say, it's funny how quick you get used to these screeds.
Looked at a job last week, 4 floors, 2 downstairs on top of a Gyvlon screed.
Speaking to the builder & he was convinced it was a cement based screed till I showed him what needs done to it.
I think he was a but dubious what I was telling him, got a phone call a few days later to say that everything I had told him was exactly what the screed guy told him.
Only problem I picked up was that the screed guy told him it was 1mm per day drying time, I had to explain that that information only goes to 40mm then it's 1mm every 2 days.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You will rarely see movement joints in anhydrite. However if the tile face needs a joint e.g. Large bays, door thresholds, etc this these should be installed regardless of whether or not you see a joint in the screed. Sometimes the joints are not required in the screed and sometimes they are just beneath the surface of the screed so you can't see them. Not ideal I know but it is the best way for the screeders.

S

Sean SML Tiling

You will rarely see movement joints in anhydrite. However if the tile face needs a joint e.g. Large bays, door thresholds, etc this these should be installed regardless of whether or not you see a joint in the screed. Sometimes the joints are not required in the screed and sometimes they are just beneath the surface of the screed so you can't see them. Not ideal I know but it is the best way for the screeders.
When separating the floors in bays is it ok to use a 3mm silicone joint as a movement joint?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
When separating the floors in bays is it ok to use a 3mm silicone joint as a movement joint?

Yes that's ok provided the floor doesn't expand by. More than about 2mm. Movement joints though are usually 5mm in my experience

Reply to The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes makes a clicking noise. We have wooden floor in the bathroom and tiler put the Becker boards with...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.