Discuss The boy's off tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

My stepson Ross (18) is in the Royal Highland Fusiliers (2SCOTS) and he sets off on his first tour of Afghanistan tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) from the barracks in Penicuik near Edinburgh.

Not surprisingly it's going to be a nervous six months while he's out there especially for his mother. We gave him a send off Sunday evening and that was emotional enough for her so I'm trying to prepare for how she'll be feeling for the next half year.

We're all quite proud of him and the way he's turned out especially as he was a worry a couple of years ago.

Does anyone on forum have sons, daughters,siblings in the forces and how is it when they're on active duty?

W

White Room

I can't speak about being a parent to a sibling out in the position but I was a serving soldier in Belfast in the seventies......

No mobiles then but letters where diamond and little momentos from home while he's serving, you don't know how good that feels.

Just to add, He will have some of the best mates ever and there'll be looking out for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The boy's off tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Thought I'd best post in the Arms... One of the things that annoys me the most is unreliable...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
L
Hi All This was my first job and I feel like I've been 10 rounds with Tyson. I started 2...
2 3
Replies
Views
faithhealer
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The boy's off tomorrow
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.