Discuss The snow has finally arrived in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

For the last week or so i have been hearing reports of snow causing chaos, but we had not seen any of it. Had a few frosty mornings but that's all.

Well now it has finally arrived, started snowing about 1 hour ago.

SS101996.JPG SS101998.JPG

F

faithhealer

Weather Warnings for north West
North West England: Blackburn with Darwen Blackpool Cheshire Cumbria Gtr Manchester Lancashire Merseyside WarringtonHeavy Snow1800 Fri 171100 Sat 18Snow showers will become prolonged and heavy during Friday night and into Saturday morning, leading to accumulations of 5-10 cm in many places, and locally up to 15 cm.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.
Issued at: 1546 Fri 17 Dec

S

SandyFloor

totally missed us in Kendal.....but it had better come as we've got the lads a handmade wooden sledge each ( at £90 a shot, it'd better darned snow here!!)

I can thoroughly recommend sledging from a tow rope attached to a 4WD. We did it a few times in our late teens tho we didn't have a 4WD but a 2CV6 but brilliant fun. You got amazing traction from a 2CV6 until the snow built up so much over the engine it conked out :lol:

D

doug boardley

I can thoroughly recommend sledging from a tow rope attached to a 4WD. We did it a few times in our late teens tho we didn't have a 4WD but a 2CV6 but brilliant fun. You got amazing traction from a 2CV6 until the snow built up so much over the engine it conked out :lol:
I've done the maths, Lou breaks at least two sledges(placcy ones) a year in her exuberance. My old wooden sled lasted me fifteen years hard proper toboggan type sledging, bit of a no brainer to get good solid sledges aint'it:thumbsup:

Reply to The snow has finally arrived in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Home owner here based in Surrey with a new Porcelain tiled patio. I need some advice about some...
Replies
Views
Alan johnson
A
I had a new porcelain patio installed several months ago, and we have been struggling ever since...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The snow has finally arrived
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.