Discuss The time capsule that never was. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Back in 1974 three of us tiled Oldham swimming pools the team was Tommy Milne his brother Ron sadly passed and myself.
Last week Tommy rang me out of the blue and asked if I remember planting a time capsule in a scum channel, which I did Tommy now in his 80s and I met up last Friday with some people involved in local history who wanted to locate the time capsule.

Between us we narrowed it Down to half a linear meter, in September the engineers will try to extract it and have asked the two of us to attend.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's sad news. So close to the three of you going sort it out too. I'm sure his family aren't too fussed about that right now but in a few years they might think back and see the awful timing kinda thing.

RIP Tommy. Never knew the guy but if he's on of you I'm sure he was an awesome tiler and sound bloke Phil.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The time capsule that never was. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Does anyone remember the floated coat method? This was usually used on Shaws twin tiles. Twin...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB