Discuss Thermostat Type - Floor & Ambient or just Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WannabeMKII

Hi all,
I've carried out a Google search and also looked on here, but I've not really found a "pro's and con's" list for the two variants.
Basically, we did have a floor & ambient thermostat, but were having issues, so the electrician swapped it out for a floor only one.
However, I'm not thinking this is a good as it's not as 'manageable'.
What does everyone think on here? I'm just after some feedback, as I'm thinking a dual sensor is a better option, but would like some 'facts' to support my thinking :dizzy2:
Thanks,
Chris.

W

WannabeMKII

Thanks for the responses.

We've got two locations, 1 in the kitchen & utility area and another in the hallway. They're not the primary source of heat, however, the rad's are switched off in both locations at the moment, as they seem to cope well.

I've since found out that the new stat is actually switchable between the different methods. So I'm now giving the floor only setting a go and may switch the other thermostat over to a switchable stat aswell if all goes well.

In particular, I'm hoping floor only will work better in the kitchen, as the ambient temp is normally warmer due to cooking, so may work out better.

Any tips on setting them?

U

Uheat - Keith

All options open to you, as we are all different.

We say Air & Floor for all rooms apart from Bathrooms etc where the Controller is installed outside these areas.
Having said that, we have many people who use Floor Sensor only for the very reason pointed out on this thread.

The Air Sensor built in to most controllers should be kept away from Rads, Boilers, Direct Sunlight etc at one end of the scale and cold spots, draughts etc at the other end of the scale. As you say, floor plobe only sensor in a Kitchen will keep it ticking over more even when the temp in the Kitchen is high/higher.

Reply to Thermostat Type - Floor & Ambient or just Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Thermostat Type - Floor & Ambient or just Floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.