Guest viewing is limited

Discuss They've got Raoul.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

yes but did he shoot himself or did the police shoot him with his own gun for shooting a copper?????? it's funny how all of these stand-offs end in the DEATH of the dude, when we are told so many time's of the non lethal option's????and why where the police so keen to have such meadia black out???, answer's on a post-card please :lol::thumbsup:

I think it would be very difficult to hush that one up with the inevitable inquiry and with the amount of cops on the scene.

O

Olz

yes but did he shoot himself or did the police shoot him with his own gun for shooting a copper?????? it's funny how all of these stand-offs end in the DEATH of the dude, when we are told so many time's of the non lethal option's????and why where the police so keen to have such meadia black out???, answer's on a post-card please :lol::thumbsup:

Theres a big difference between a media black out and moving the press and everyone else back from where the guy with a sorn off shot gun is, who has already killed one person and tried to kill two others though isnt their?

Its pretty obvious to anyone that the negotiator needs quiet, calmness around the guy holding a gun to his neck, not flashing cameras, people hustiling about trying to get the photos, and generally giving the police something else to have to concentrate on, instead of just the maniac with the gun!

If you had to try and talk a murderer holding a gun to his neck, from 10 meters away from him, knowing he would happily also turn the gun on you would you rather concentrate 100% on the murderer feet away from you with the shotgun or have to also concentrate on the photographers, and people wanting to get a glimps of the murderer.

Someone was saying the press had been told they couldnt go withing 10 miles!, but the reporter I was wathing on BBC news said there was a 10 mile air exclusion zone so the helicopter and RAF jet could fly about without worrying about other air traffic, He himself was reporting from 300 yards away all night.

It was pretty clear he was always going to end up dead IMO, Im suprised that after him making threats to shoot loads of cops, and members of the public that he wasnt shot on sight, Im suprised he didnt point the gun at the cops to committ suicide by cop as soon as they saw him.

I think they should bring back capital punishment for murderers anyway. The only people im sad for are the innocent person he murdered, and the two innocent people he tried to murder.

M

mikethetile

Dave and I are of a generation that have no dellusions about the police dealing out their own brand of justice, my thoughts are the same as Dave, did he shoot himself or was he shot

tbh I dont care, its dealt with now and the important thing is that he was prevented from shooting anyone else, we wont have to pay for his protection or keep him at over a grand a week and then read in the papers that hes not happy with his treatment and his human rights are being violated

good riddance

G

Gazzer

Someone was saying the press had been told they couldnt go withing 10 miles!,

That was what they reported on Sky after trying to sort out why a police almost ran over 2 of their own officers as it drove at break neck speed to a police station to collect something or someone. They later said it was bad news for all reporters as this 10 mile inclusion zone was being asked for. The air inclusion zone was already in force at this time. It was obviously a fact that there were too many stories flying around and someone got it mixed up.

As for eye witness reports I would bet that 50% of those that got on tv or radio saw nothing...like the guy who said he saw someone in his garden the night before going into his greenhouse !!! then why didnt he call the police ??? He knew this guy was in the area !

O

Olz

Yeah, I think its human nature that people start to think about what they have seen before and their minds make things fit.

Dave and I are of a generation that have no dellusions about the police dealing out their own brand of justice, my thoughts are the same as Dave, did he shoot himself or was he shot

tbh I dont care, its dealt with now and the important thing is that he was prevented from shooting anyone else, we wont have to pay for his protection or keep him at over a grand a week and then read in the papers that hes not happy with his treatment and his human rights are being violated

good riddance

This is all well and good until some do gooders put pressure on the gov'mt, to investigate the cops who risked thier lives to protect others by standing feet from him and his shotgun, they then get suspended from work, investigated for manslaughter or murder and put through the ringer for hovever long they get investigated for, which could be years?

Fair?

Do you seriouslly belive in this day and age of accountability, technology and forensic science that the police would shoot a man dead 300 yards away from the press, on an open river bank, when it was lit up like a xmas tree and people in their houses had clear views from their windows and were on mobiles live to the press?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

Nothing is simple. A taser was discharged so they say. Did it connect? Was this before or after he pulled the trigger.....It goes on !
its starting to come out now

twisting and playing with words, defensive news conference, refusing to answer questions

we may never know what really happened but what did strike us as odd was that you could definatly hear a man screaming in the background which doesnt fit with a suicide but does fit with someone who didnt really want to be shot

G

Gazzer

its starting to come out now

twisting and playing with words, defensive news conference, refusing to answer questions

we may never know what really happened but what did strike us as odd was that you could definatly hear a man screaming in the background which doesnt fit with a suicide but does fit with someone who didnt really want to be shot

Shouldnt murder people, attempt to murder, threaten and carry firearms then.

Reply to They've got Raoul.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
Hi All, A while back a short course on tiling and have done a couple of smaller projects in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
They've got Raoul....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.