Discuss This call may make you laugh or angry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

Barmy people! i had a woman who wanted a B&W marble porch & a stone floored kitchen restored.

wouldn't tell me how big the porch or the kitchen was or where she lived !!! wouldn't e-mail pics of these floors either.

I said until i have even the most basic info like size of the floors what state they are in and where the job was it was impossible to give even a ball park figure.

She then told me she wasn't going to give her address to someone from Liverpool as it was well known that people from there are thieves.
put the phone down straight away. thought what a loony. she rang twice more leaving a message on my machine first message, what a rude person i was putting the phone down.
second message she wasn't going to give me the job??????

i nearly passed out laughing at the sheer lunacy of this idiot.

As John said in previous post who collects ten cards these people are just barmy.

Having said that i've had some clients who were so good with us that on one job our labourer didn't want to go home, client put us up in a 5 star hotel it was brilliant and our labourer had instead of the usual travel lodge room a whole suite to himself.
he had a paddy cos we finished a day early, he didn't want to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

I went to price a floor last week and gave them a quote over the phone when I got home and had a chance to work it all out. The lady of the house phoned me today to say that they had had a couple of other quotes and I was the most expensive (yeah course you have!) but they would like me to do the work if I was prepared to drop my price! I said that I always give my best price and that I wasn't prepared to lower it, low and behold she phoned back an hour later asking when I could start! Well done for trying but, no cigar for you!

Reply to This call may make you laugh or angry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
This call may make you laugh or angry
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.