UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile Adhesive Testing - Strength in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

So would you say this is a fixer problem or a manufacturer problem????
well all i can draw on is when i used ardion 90 with x7 would stick to all tile and substraight like sh to a blanckett evened out the drying time so i dont understand why the manufacture cant incorparate this knowlege into a bag of sticky without charging the earth so i think the manufacturers could solve a lot of problems but why should they when it can easly be passed on to the fixer whos problem it realy is at the moment just how do you know 100% that the primer is spot on to even out the drying time as they are made to stick the sticky to the wall first i am rambling again

T

The D

well all i can draw on is when i used ardion 90 with x7 would stick to all tile and substraight like sh to a blanckett evened out the drying time so i dont understand why the manufacture cant incorparate this knowlege into a bag of sticky without charging the earth so i think the manufacturers could solve a lot of problems but why should they when it can easly be passed on to the fixer whos problem it realy is at the moment just how do you know 100% that the primer is spot on to even out the drying time as they are made to stick the sticky to the wall first i am rambling again

you ramble away m8 I love to learn :thumbsup:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

you ramble away m8 I love to learn :thumbsup:
ok i will ramble a bit more for every pound spent on reps markting and it would cost about 20 p a bag of sticky to add the polymers we need to be sure but as long as we are taking the risk with
so many get out clauses for adhesive supplyers they will carry on regardless the problem as i see it when some think goes wrong why dont the tile shops hand out leafletts warning us no toghter thinking

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Don't mind me while I bump some old but popular threads to see if the topic is still active in some way. Wondering if either the original idea or original issue still exists. I've done this with quite a few threads, so don't be offended if this is just jargon these days and not applicable. But I thought there might be a small chance a small percentage of the small number of threads might just be slightly applicable and the thread could get a new lease of life.

Reply to this if you've read a bit and have something to say. :)
There IS going to be a bigger chance when i do this, that the thread is dead. So don't worry if that's the case, just don't reply to it, and we'll all move on and let the thread drop out of view again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Adhesive Testing - Strength in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.