Discuss Tile cement burns on finger tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

supperglue the cuts together.... 2 or 3 layers, it works for me

Not recommended unless you want blood poisoning :yikes: i have been lucky with all the rendering ,screeding, tiling over the years and no problems till last year and i have developed a one finger that has dermatitis on the end that now turns white then peels then scabs on every job i do lol:thumbsup: as my son say MTFU........

A

Alan M

i used to labour for my father skiming.
my hands would be split etc like this from the skim and all the water and cold.
what i would do is . in the evening before i went to bed is put savalon and hand cream onto my hands and put on a pair or disosable gloves. the gloves stop the cream wearing off or drying in.
in th emorning there would be a massive improvment in my hands.
you may laugh but it works.
try it once anyway. what harm will it do

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
keep peeing on them and you'll stink so much the customer wont let you in there house...lol

they will have plenty of time to heal then...:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Marigolds worked a treat today.
Got the 'oooh I won't ask' in a Kenneth Williams stylee from the woman behind the *** counter at sainsburys.

did you get pink ones...:lol:

Go to the chemist and ask for a bottle of new skin its a bit like nail varnish I use it when my hands split or you get small pin holes in your skin from cement burns,used to get it a lot before washboys came out and was using a sponge and if you had a hole in your glove,dont get it so much now.And if that dont work you could always kit yourself out in a deep sea diving suit,lol

Last edited:
P

Perry

Go to the chemist and ask for a bottle of new skin its a bit like nail varnish I use it when my hands split or you get small pin holes in your skin from cement burns,used to get it a lot before washboys came out and was using a sponge and if you had a hole in your glove,dont get it so much now.And if that dont work you could always kit yourself out in a deep sea diving suit,lol
yes that works as well spay on skin

i always wear the old marigolds for grouting, get a few comments but better than the state my hands get in if i dont wear em! I did loads of labouring in Aus a few years back for brickies and i used to get the little holes in my fingers from shifting bricks all day, very painful. All the lads would tape up ends of their fingers to stop this and it works. I dont wear gloves when laying but use E45 cream morning and night and my hands are good, its always worse in this weather though, especially at end of day having to wash everthing outside freezing!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile cement burns on finger tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi there, I am new to this forum... And was just after some advise. ( I know this topic has...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I have just grouted my new tiles and after 3 days it has started to go yellow in...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I have started to tile my floor, cross bonded with 50cm x 15cm tiles. The floor was...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, So I've got to the end of the main chunk of the work... finally... and it's looking pretty...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
C
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend the best type/brand of grout to use, as I'm...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB