Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilinga2z

The Montolit is a great cutter I use the master Piuma everyday, it is strong has a good breaking system and can go through mosasics nicely with its flip down breaker, now for the downsides it is a nightmare to pack away it is such an awkward shape and does not seem to fit in with other stuff in your vehicle....secondly in the open/cutting position the cutter is again terrible for taking up your working space not allowing for much movement around tight bathrooms and kitchens....thirdly no visible cutting blade unless stretched over the damn thing starts to get to you after months of a sore back. These issues can be be slightly eradicated if the cutter is used on a work bench but again this is taking up much needed space..... for these reasons I am now going to go back to a Rubi cutter as I am not as young as I once was....still as I say if you can live with these issues it is a great sturdy cutter which if well looked after will give you many years of faithful service.

F

Fekin

do you all think is the best cutter

That's pretty much like asking "what is the best car", people will always have their favorites, and often stick to their guns on why they insist the cutter they use is far batter than a cutter someone else says the exact same things about.

In general, they way I see it, is you need 2 good cutters, one for small domestic jobs, and one for larger sized heavy types of tile, like over a 600mm for example.

But you then come to which ones to get.

You could spend £150 on a small sigma for domestic jobs, where as a £40 cutter would do just the same, though it might not last as long as the sigma cutting wheel.
I have a Husqvarna 670 for my main large format cutter, and a cheapo plasplug for smaller domestic jobs.

Good luck deciding :lol:

D

Defy

2 cutters you should have I use a ts50 for small ceramic work in bathrooms and kitchens and I have a Raimondi for all my bigger stuff. The ts50 is small and you can throw it around which is handy but it splits porcelain so wastes tiles. The Raimondi can cut 75cm and is the muts nuts with porcelain and will cut a 50x50 clean diagonaly. Incidentaly the Raimondi is the same cutter as the Montolit, I think grumpy has the right combination going. Horses for courses as they say.

T

tiler burden

ts50 plus for all ceramics and the rubi tx700n...

i was a bit concerned if id made the right choice but i am made up with both. the tx700n on porcelain is excellent and the ts50plus is the right size to cope with the smaller stuff. been using them both all week...

go see neil from buybrand tools and he'll sort you out

ed

ps thanks again dave (d h ceramics for the advice on the cutters\0

Reply to Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all Can anyone recommend a cutter for herringbone, got 200m2 of 300x150 walls to do in a few...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%