Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tile edging at a worktop. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MattBennett

The worktop was sealed with silicone and the black foam strip. I have bought yacht varnish to seal the inside of the sink cut. I am also sealing the jointing bolt holes and all the backs of units. Any where there is exposed chipboard there will be yacht varnish. I dont intend doing the kitchen again! I have clear silicone to put around the worktops where the wall meets them and also intend on bedding this trim strip on a thin bead of silicone to stick it down and to waterproof it.

I hate the prospect of blown worktops! :smilewinkgrin:

P

penno

SAM_3587.jpg

I really like the way this looks, and more importantly so does the wife, and she is paying the bill! :thumbsup:

But it won't stay looking like that. Within a few weeks you will have a thin line of "grime" between the trim and work surface. No matter how much you clean dirt will find it's way in there. If you plan on putting a clear silicone on the edge of the trim it will not look right, it may be clear but it is not invisible. Drop the trim and put in a matching silicone.

M

MattBennett

Guys, thanks very much for all your help. I have decided not to use the edging strip and will be returning it. I could see no way of finishing it nicely, experience is everything here it seems.

Have plunge cut around all of the sockets/switches that fall in the middle of tiles and have used the same pattern that I used on the floor tiles. I have built the window up so that it is level front to back and side to side. The adhesive here is quite thick so am leaving a few days before I fix the tiles. I will tile out and square the top and sides up.

SAM_3606.jpg

SAM_3605.jpg

SAM_3604.jpg

SAM_3603.jpg

SAM_3602.jpg

SAM_3601.jpg

Reply to Tile edging at a worktop. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile edging at a worktop.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.