Discuss tile giant mk in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

found the new tile giant in mk today and popped in

its not finished yet, loads of tilers fixing the displays but they are trading if you need something

its looking good, spoke to the area manager, nice bloke used to be topps mk manager

has promised loads of coffee and chat

the basic range of mapei , everything else on order

the priced displayed on the tile boards is already about £10 m2 cheaper than topps

as they are located 5mins from topps this should be interesting

no silly games to get your trade card

having problem with sourcing drills as plasplugs no longer available so pointed him towards 365 drills , so hopefully a deal can be struck there

told him everyone in the know buys 365 drills

they will be up and running next week so i shall drop in and get my trade card

not easy to find as they are set back from the road, they are next to screwfix under the turbines

a nice bunch of lads, right attitude , im looking forward to dealing with them

mike

P

Prem Tiler

I've been in to a few tile stores near me and find tile giant to be by far the best. Topps in Christchurch were really helpful but tile Giant were great. they set up my trade account from the word go and I got wicked discount. The chap I speak to when I go in there knows I'm new to tiling so gives me pointers which I'm very glad off. He even takes the goods I buy to the van!!

I've not got any recommendation from them yet but I think thats because they know I'm new and there for dont want to pass my number on in risk of back lash if I were to bodge anything. which I totally understand and think is a credit to them. I've just got to do more jobs and show them proof of how great I am!!

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I've been in to a few tile stores near me and find tile giant to be by far the best. Topps in Christchurch were really helpful but tile Giant were great. they set up my trade account from the word go and I got wicked discount. The chap I speak to when I go in there knows I'm new to tiling so gives me pointers which I'm very glad off. He even takes the goods I buy to the van!!

I've not got any recommendation from them yet but I think thats because they know I'm new and there for dont want to pass my number on in risk of back lash if I were to bodge anything. which I totally understand and think is a credit to them. I've just got to do more jobs and show them proof of how great I am!!

No Dean...sorry...Its because I told them all about you!!!:lol:. EWas it Martin Brophy you saw? He used to be the Topps manager in Poole - nice bloke

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I tell you what mate, all the firms are the same. If there's a tile store doing well, there will be another one setting up soon near it. If there are no stores there, you will probably find it's due to one they know that's failed, or a few near it in the busier area's doing a bit less than they used to because another has opened near that one. If that makes sense.

I'd like to think if you and a few of your fellow tilers around you all have the feeling the place ins't being served well that I could suggest the area and somebody take notice of the suggestion. Not too sure if they'd listen though. I'm just a web designer after all ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I have noticed that there tools cater for DIYers. would be nice if they could at least source pro trade tools. maybe you Dan could introduce there MD to Dave at tradetiler. but saying that then tile giant would have to sell at a higher price to profit. I get my coat!

Tile Giant have just sealed a deal with Rubi as a result of our buy Dave here suggesting to Rubi to mention that they are sponsors of the forum. I'm sure it didn't come down to that alone, but TG appear to be supporting us like no other so far, a superior sponsor one might say.

So watch this space mate, and give TG a chance with us ;) They're a cool company, a refreshing change from the norm perhaps. We'll find out in the coming months.

Are you a Tile UK subscriber? You want to be checking the mags over the coming months ;) ;)

D

doug boardley

I tell you what mate, all the firms are the same. If there's a tile store doing well, there will be another one setting up soon near it. If there are no stores there, you will probably find it's due to one they know that's failed, or a few near it in the busier area's doing a bit less than they used to because another has opened near that one. If that makes sense.

I'd like to think if you and a few of your fellow tilers around you all have the feeling the place ins't being served well that I could suggest the area and somebody take notice of the suggestion. Not too sure if they'd listen though. I'm just a web designer after all ;)
rather modest mate, you're DAN THE MAN!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That'll win you no more respectos in the signature competition. :p

But I never claim to be anything other mate. It's tilersforums that's the 'big thing'. When I talk about it I'd say something along the lines of "so tilersforums does this, and we've come up with this between us, we used to do it this way, but we found this way to be the best" etc etc.

Its the forum as a whole that has given an appearance that I'm something other than a web designer. But really, I'm just a web designer. ;)

... and perhaps Cheif Imaginary Tea-maker for the forum members whilst you lot chat tile and I dare not comment lol.

P

Prem Tiler

Tile Giant have just sealed a deal with Rubi as a result of our buy Dave here suggesting to Rubi to mention that they are sponsors of the forum. I'm sure it didn't come down to that alone, but TG appear to be supporting us like no other so far, a superior sponsor one might say.

So watch this space mate, and give TG a chance with us ;) They're a cool company, a refreshing change from the norm perhaps. We'll find out in the coming months.

Are you a Tile UK subscriber? You want to be checking the mags over the coming months ;) ;)

how do I subscribe? is it an E mag or real? I've just canceled my total guitar subscription and as the marathon is almost upon us I shall be canceling my runners world subscription too.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
how do I subscribe? is it an E mag or real? I've just canceled my total guitar subscription and as the marathon is almost upon us I shall be canceling my runners world subscription too.

You can view the mags online, or subscribe to them monthly so you have a copy to read in your van or whatever on your lunch break. Either way you want to checkout the mags over the next few months.

there's probably something really simple about Prem's siggy that I'm missing, I think it's the if that's throwing me?

I think to be gramatically correct it would need an apostrophy in the whats, making it what's.

If the 'if' was remove it'd not read correctly would it?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile giant mk in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
My combi drill just gave up the ghost, was passing so just been in B&Q to see what deals they...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
R
I'm sorry to start off like that, especially as they are one of the sponsors of this forum, but...
Replies
Views
rachwag
R
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB