Discuss Tile Lippage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Re: Tile Lipage

Hi Scot,

What bit do you use a rasp? Are the any good? I was going to get one for my Bosch.

Cheers

Paul

Its really good Paul, im sure others will agree as well. I was a bit dubious until i touch the adhesive and it just disintegrates. Well worth the money IMO as the time saved is more than worthwhile. Also there is no disturbing other tiles if its job of just replacing one tile

My tip would be to clean the area as much as possible, then sit a tile "dry" prior to mixing your adhesive. If you still have lippage then you need to either take up the surrounding tiles or knock some of the slc out until the tile sits slightly recessed to the surrounding tiles. That way when you apply your adhesive the tile should sit flush.

Good luck,

Daz

Hi Daz

Right i have scraped nearly all of the adhesive away and when i lay a dry tile it sits 2-3mm lower than the surrounding tile. Is this sufficient? Would i need to prime the area?

Do you offer your services in Norfolk as i may give in and pay to have the work finished off as i can't spend another day removing tile adhesive LOL.

Neil

Hi Dan

I'm away for the week which is just as well because its breaking me and that's coming from an amateur boxer!

I have pulled up all but one of the out of level tiles (7 x tiles) and removed the adhesive from 5 which took 4 hours. I had to stop because my neighbours complained of the noise (I live in a flat). So I have 3 left to do and one is still fixed so that's going to be a drama I'm sure as I have found the SLC is breaking up if I hit the bolster too hard.

Once I finish the donkey work I'm calling a tiler in to do the skilled stuff as I can't go through this again.

If only I patted my self on the back after finishing all the substrate work and passed on the tiling work I would have felt some achievement - unlike now.

Reply to Tile Lippage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Lippage
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.