Discuss tile spacers and floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

i have never laid a floor by eye other than smaller than two mts and only use spacers on small joints like a rectified tile or stone i would hate to think doing a 70 mtr long floor by eye :yikes: always laid in a grid and yes always used matches even on floors
Biggest floor I've worked on was nearly 500m2 never used one spacer just straight edges,when I done my apprenticeship there was no spacer's think it's good not to keep using them gives you a better eye for your work,only use them if I have to ,mind you I did watch some tilers in the 70s laying a sand and cement floor using 6 x 6 Wolliscroft tiles they had a plastic grid which they laid on the screed and just inserted the tiles in the grid never seen it since

S

sjw450

I just finished a job where I had to tile round a kitchen island and when the tiles came to meet at other side of island they lined up perfect and the joints were perfect, I know i couldn't have done that without spacers, the problem ive got is that spacers slow me down because they always break off when im pulling them out and get stuck in the joints, Whats the strongest spacers? tiling 056.jpg tiling 054.jpg tiling 050.jpg

P

Perry

I just finished a job where I had to tile round a kitchen island and when the tiles came to meet at other side of island they lined up perfect and the joints were perfect, I know i couldn't have done that without spacers, the problem ive got is that spacers slow me down because they always break off when im pulling them out and get stuck in the joints, Whats the strongest spacers? View attachment 46377 View attachment 46378 View attachment 46379
i have never taken that chance i have always used maths instead and a grid as in chalk lines

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I just finished a job where I had to tile round a kitchen island and when the tiles came to meet at other side of island they lined up perfect and the joints were perfect, I know i couldn't have done that without spacers, the problem ive got is that spacers slow me down because they always break off when im pulling them out and get stuck in the joints, Whats the strongest spacers? View attachment 46377 View attachment 46378 View attachment 46379

do you not find they are breaking because the end has set in the adhesive? Try using shorter legged spacers or making sure the joint is clean first

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile spacers and floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi first timer to tile, im getting all my prep work and tools. My question is will the self...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB