Discuss tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garym897

Hi
I recently had 20sq m of porcelain tiles laid on the hall kitchen and bathroom floors since the second day the grout started to crumble and i noticed that about 14 tiles are moving at the edges which sound hollow underneath. I contacted the tiler who was making excuses that he had to contact his supplier of the adhesive he returned sayin that they had told him to take some of the grout out and fill with what looked like grout ,anyway this still didnt work this was just before xmas2010 i lfte it fir a couple of weeks because of the holiday period , I then contacted him he said he would get back to mer when he contacted his suppliers (again) a week went past still nothing i called him no answer to his mobile i then tried a couple of days later still no answer he txt me the next day saying he would get back to me when he could work something out a week went past nothing i called several times with no answer , after eventually catching him he said that he was in a meeting he would call back ...nothing got a hold of him next day (today ) after several attempts he fobbed me off promising to call back it is now approx 8pm heard nothing can you give me advise on this i do believe he is (when he gets here ) intending to lift these tiles 600x600 try and clean the adhesive offf then re-lay on the same plywood is this possible any feed back would be welcome

G

garym897

Hi everyone thanks for your welcomes and your replies, it was 9mm ply the floor was solid it was screwed firmly i had checked all that before the tiles were laid, by touching the tiles where the grout is crumbling it is obvious that it is the tiles that are not solid the hollow sound is just at the faulty edges im not sure what adhesive he was using as i have thrown the empty tubs away

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.