Discuss tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi gary,it may not be the overboarding thats at fault here but only time will tell

as you said your bathroom upstair is fine with 9mm but there are issues downstairs,this is actually a good example to people why not to use an inferior product

your upstairs sub floor may be absolutely solid and tyhe 9mm has simply provided a stable substrate to tile to but your downstairs has failed,if its the case the prep of floor is to blame say for example the sub floor downstairs wasnt stable enough then the 9mm wouldnt be strong enough to cope i hope you can see why it should nt be used even if 1 job has lasted

M

mikethetile

im going to be blunt

the tiler should have ensured that the substrate was suitable to be tiled and that correct materials amd methods are used, he didnt have the knowledge to do so and certainly cant resolve it as he hasnt a clue whats wrong

you have a simple choice here , move on and pay another tiler to redo it or sue your previous tiler, suing someone is more complicated since oct 2010 and I reccomend you seek legal advice sooner rather than later

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
the adhesive i am sure was grey

That's almost certainly not a dispersion adhesive then. Probably was just using the buckets to mix in. However it still doesn't mean it was the right adhesive. Perhaps an additive missed out or something?

Ply is too thin though really so that'll be a contributing factor.

D

DHTiling

That's almost certainly not a dispersion adhesive then. Probably was just using the buckets to mix in. However it still doesn't mean it was the right adhesive. Perhaps an additive missed out or something?

Ply is too thin though really so that'll be a contributing factor.

You can get flexi adhesive already mixed in a tub.. DIY gear and can take weeks to set as it relies on dispersion as you said.

Reply to tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.