Discuss tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrygrant

We carry basic carpentry tools and a few spare sheets of tile backing boards plus the ever handy tubes of PU foam.....with these you can solve many other peoples inadequate preperation and most clients are happy to pay you for your time and materials and it means you dont have to waste your trip and go home without being paid...... sometimes you can even walk away with that warm glow of satisfaction knowing that you are responsible for the client having the best possible outcome despite other peoples failures :)

Terry

T

TilerJames

Either way this is a nasty situation. Hes spotted the tiles but hasn’t even spotted them right, theres nothing on the edges of the tiles so the tiles will flex n the grout will crack.
I think your definatly going to have to get another tiler to sort this. Considering the effort this guy put into laying the floor, i doubt hes going to take the care needed to try and save as many tiles as possible, between trying to prise the tiles from the floor without nicking an edge or cracking the tile (depending on how its spotted), and then to cleanly chip the rest of the adhesive of the tile with out damage !!
I reckon get someone else, could save you in the long run.

D

DHTiling

Either way this is a nasty situation. Hes spotted the tiles but hasn’t even spotted them right, theres nothing on the edges of the tiles so the tiles will flex n the grout will crack.
I think your definatly going to have to get another tiler to sort this. Considering the effort this guy put into laying the floor, i doubt hes going to take the care needed to try and save as many tiles as possible, between trying to prise the tiles from the floor without nicking an edge or cracking the tile (depending on how its spotted), and then to cleanly chip the rest of the adhesive of the tile with out damage !!
I reckon get someone else, could save you in the long run.

Is there a right way to spot fix..?

E

enduro

Not really TilerJames... Can you clarify what you mean please..? You said he hasn't spotted them right, i just asked is there a right way to spot fix.. So just need some clarification on that please.

Hope he does not mean like this Dave.... Travertine tile repair 004.jpg

T

TilerJames

Just so were clear, i am not a fan of nor never would spot fix myself.

Been on a lot of sites over the years and seen alot of tillers dib dabbin, from the 3 splobs of addi cowboys to some who put a whole series of spots in lines and rows , who apart from the spotting were very tidy tillers, even some dude who used some piping bag system that he made up.

Now there is no right way to spot fix as it shouldn’t be done, but I was trying to say that in even in setting out to do a bad job he couldn’t do that right, if that makes sense.

T

tilerjason

Hi there, the ply should have been (wbp) water boiled ply or marine ply,and should be min 15mm thick and screwed at 200mm centres. Sounds like movement of the ply, and the noise of the tiles sounds like they have been dot & dabbed rather than serated, if your around the blackpool area i could come round and have a look and give you some adivce .

You could always try contacting your local trading standards or failing that try getting his address and send him a letter.

Pm me if you need to i am city & guilds level 3 qualified and nvq level 2 qualified and would be happy to help

Reply to tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiler has made a complete mess and not answering calls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.