Discuss Tiler makes poor job of splashback, ruined sockets, bad grout, uneven tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

ScottG13

ive give the tiler a chance... hes been back and its worse... he now cant do anything for 3 months cos of his bad hand and hasnt offered to pay to get a tiler in to sort it... he started in the corner which i have read is incorrect... he should have started in the middle... he didnt say anything was uneven and he said walls were fine as he came too look at them first....even if walls were slightly out a good tiler would just fill with more adhesive to keep it flush - I have more photos of his grouting which combined with some of these photos iam going to put up on the forum i got him from...

I did see on another forum about a post was that was removed, it rang a bell and I thought it was you snadge. Judging by other peoples posts on there they would be shocked at the standard of work especially going by the pics you have shown us. Are you any closer to getting this sorted?

C

charlie1

you would need to do more than regrout if you want it done to a proper standard! as Gary said, if the worktop not totaly level between the joins (usually not) then the tiler will urinating against the wind the further up the wall he goes if he has used worktop as baton!

Imo, remove all the tiles (carefully), let them soak in large bucket of water for a few days then get a proper tiler (recomended(and do your homework on him)) to do the job right!

Photo0017.jpg

how it should look, i know its not the same colour but you gt the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiler makes poor job of splashback, ruined sockets, bad grout, uneven tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiler makes poor job of splashback, ruined sockets, bad grout, uneven tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.