Discuss Tilers Hoover in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

My Vax V100 just died on my last job. It has served me well though from cleaning oil boilers, Agas, woodstoves etc to general building detritus. The let down with it was the cost of filters so I'll definitely factor that in to the replacement cost. That expensive hoover may not turn out to be so expensive in the long run if you're not buying filters and bags all the time.

O

Old Mod

That reads like it's could attach to grinders etc Marc. Bit cheaper than the gas 25 if does.
My Vax V100 just died on my last job. It has served me well though from cleaning oil boilers, Agas, woodstoves etc to general building detritus. The let down with it was the cost of filters so I'll definitely factor that in to the replacement cost. That expensive hoover may not turn out to be so expensive in the long run if you're not buying filters and bags all the time.
incorporate an ash can or pre extractor, that'll improve performance and save your main dust extractor filters.
Ash cans are simple and cheap.

I

Italy

buy makita. no filter. no bags. haha

L

lizzardtong

Have a look online on metabo asr 35 m or starmix ipulse they even make it for mafell. Was looking on dust extractors for quite a while. Ended up with metabo its class m cost arm and a leg but its worth it. Using it for general cleaning but also for grinding floors chasing walls you name it. As far as i know you got 2 generation of m class extractors. 1st is the one like bosch, dewalt or flex have self cleaning of filters based on time intervals as to 2nd generation is based on drop of suction. Onced is registered it start cleaning filters to maintain suction level to protesct user.
Extractors are classed more less as follows
Class L - low mainly general dust. Wood shavings etc.
Class M - medium dust harmful to user. Silica dust (hardie boards) very fine dust.
Class H - high all above plus toxic dust like asbestos you have to use special bags
Then there is another class that i dont rememer the letter for it. But you can use it on bomb sites as its use water while hoovering.
Thats my 3 pennys added.

Reply to Tilers Hoover in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB