UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tilersforums bring me luck :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Why? Had some good news today, got selected as one of 100 designer makers in Britain to be included in the 'Handmade in Britain design book' see Handmade Book – Series 1 | Handmade In Britain and it's as they describe in on Facebook, too:

"Handmade in Britain is pleased to announce the launch of their first in the series of Handmade in Britain design books. The book will feature only 100 of the most talented designer-makers on a personal level as well as showcasing their work." So I am seriously chuffed... :hurray:

So what's it got to do with Tilersforums? Well, starting at the present to going back a bit, I found out about Handmade in Britain, and they about me, on Twitter, which I wouldn't have joined just a few days ago without Dave twittering on to me about it. The inclusion of me and my work in this book wouldn't have happened without Dave's suggestion to twitter, so thank you, Dave.:)

Right, onto Dan - without him I wouldn't have the website I have now, I am proud to show, and he'd been going on to me about it for AGES! So thanks, Dan :)

Then the work I have had from various members on here, or nearly had, you know who you are, thank you all so much, and I do appreciate your belief in what I can do.

Also, with the help of TF Saad from Egypt and I could spread the word of our courses more, had two members from here taking part and even had a feature in the Tile online magazine.

Also without TF I would not have got to know about Darren's (NETT) Tiling course, that has been such a boon.

And as an extra bit of cream on the cake I can tell people that I was a JOTM winner, two years ago or so now, for my appletree bathroom, tiling and mosaic work, again that would have been impossible without TF and NETT, and that is such a good thing to tell people about, so even if you don't win, you can tell people that you took part and got to 2nd or third place, and they can see the pictures.

And last but by no means least, all the friendships I've made, with good people I would not have met without TF and without this being a place where I could feel safe to be me, not many online forums can claim that the members can go on there without fear of ridicule or personal attacks, expecially women. And I keep learning, like it or not, some REALLY weird tunes, courtesy mainly of Dave and Daz... :lol:

All these benefits, and the benefits of learning so much about tiling, grouts, adhesives, the purpose of this forum after all, the help and advice and knowledge on here is staggering.

Yes, TF has brought me luck, long may it continue, and maybe my account can give anyone reading this the courage to follow networking advice, networking does work, you have to contribute, and listen, of course, but this is such a great place to be, just contribute as best you can without expecting anything in return at all and like me you may suddenly wake up one day and think to yourself, wow, this would not have happened without TF.

Thank you all :)

U

user123

Gisela..

Got your mail but not had time to reply, sat in garden. :)

Anyway.. Fantastic news and only worthy for such a top artist as yourself.

Like i have always said to you and now you know.. Networking is king.:) and it has paid off very quickly..

Dave.xx

I'm so so chuffed, Dave :).. , really choked up about it all, being a bit of a hermit anyhow I could so easily sit in my little studio waiting for the phone to ring, but without people knowing that we are there, how can they ring?

U

user123

Well done Gisela, now you should be run off your feet with work:thumbsup:

Thank you, Mark :), to be honest, I am already right now. However, I do work slowly, so I'm not getting rich with it :lol: and I also know that being self employed things are a bit like busses, you wait for ages for things to happen and then you get a bunch of jobs all at once and then it's quiet again, well in my experience anyhow. It was the same as a translator, in my health practice, and now it looks like it again, too. This is really where networking comes in I reckon, never before have we been able to reach so many potential customers and helpful contacts so quickly via online networking, so I am hoping that this will even things out. You can't get away from it anymore, our professional futures do depend on the internet.

U

user123

Nice one G! I'm pleased for you and I will endeavour to continue expanding your music horizons :lol:.

Daz
I don't doubt it for a minute. :lol: I asked my daughter-in-law today if she knew what sex dub was (did I get that right?) and she just looked at me in horror.... Howard groaned and said "tiler talk, gawwwwd..." really funny, and I said what about 'jump and donk'... they were just shaking their heads, rolling their eyes. :lol: but then I showed them that I downloaded Bruno Mars from Amazon to my pc and turned it into a ringtone on my phone, so they were well impresses... groovy groovy me! :lol:

U

user123

Daryl!! I only just listened to that tune... !!! the other ones were just, well, tunes, but ...tututututut...
what.gif
blush.gif
censored.gif

U

user123

More luck through TF today. :) I don't know how much fuss he'd want about this, but Rob ' The Spanishtiler' came to see me this afternoon, from York, possibly the TF member on here living closest to me, to give me a free epoxy lesson, it was just great, as he understands my need to split each tub up into small portions (10th)! and had some very easy tips for me, all easy when you know how, but can be a bit overwhelming to find out by yourself. Sound guy, very very enthusiastic about epoxy and he and everyone else who works with it, and likes it, and who says there is nothing to worry about, well there isn't. It is easy. Lovely to be shown things like easy mistakes to do etc, as he didn't want paying he got rewarded with a couple of bottles of bubbly but what a great thing to now feel confident about using something I was so afraid of. A very happy mosaicist here :) Thanks Rob :thumbsup:

Reply to Tilersforums bring me luck :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.