Discuss Tilex or impey wetroom former in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

andy21275

Hi all, i am about to do my first wetroom, done loads of bathroom / shower installs but this is a first for me. I been looking at installation guides and the wetroom i am doing is on a concrete screed floor of a new build house. Most the guides say set the former on a weak sand /cement mix and leave to harden, then they say screw down former with screws and plugs. How do i put the plugs into the concrete without drilling 7mm holes through the former to get the plugs to fit through the fomer into the concrete.

I think i get the rest of the instructions, the walls will be aquapanel, the rest of the floor self leveled to same height as former then tiled. I not sure if i need to tank everywhere, will come to that when i get there.

Cheers all

W

White Room

hi thanks for your response, as it is a new build the area where the wetroom shower former will go has not been screeded, so there is a 1000 x 1000 square section hole bout 100mm deep just left with a 4inch waster pipe in centre which i obviosly got to reduce to 50mm, so i cannot just use gripfill to set the former in.

cheers

Thought that it would be a tray sitting on a floor, see what you mean now.

M

matthew_uk_666

If you've not purchased the tray yet and have got the depth, you could opt for one of the Impey Aqua-Grade formers... Aqua-Grade Technical Information

You need to be able to get down ~75mm from the finished floor level to put the former in (plus any excess for the drain), it has various fixing options including screw down or spikey celotex feet.

Once it's all installed and level you just screed the whole thing until you see the coloured nubs.

We're putting one of these in and it seems a really simple idea and easy to install.... hopefully :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilex or impey wetroom former in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tilex or impey wetroom former
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.