Discuss Tiling around reveal and sill advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bgatty68

Any advice on tiling a window reveal would be greatly appreciated, do you put trim on the wall or inside the reveal?? also do you have to tile one part first like the outside of the wall then when its set then do the reveal??, also how do you deal with reveals etc that need squaring up how far do you have tiles hanging over the edge??? any advice or pictures would be great thanks in advance.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Window walls can be tricky.. If the wall's all over the place, and it usually is, it can be quite hard to get the tiles to meet up without getting severe lippage, if you don't know what you're doing.

Exactly right - always use a straight edge along the bottom, top and sides, along the face of the tile, when you tile around the opening, that way you can eliminate/minimise lippage. I also use a straight edge going diagonally across the window as I'm fixing checking it's a completely flat plane that I'm creating.

R

rubi man

If your've seen some of the plastering over the years I've had to go over you could'nt even paint on it it's that bad.

It seems tilers are expected to tile over bad work and thats not whats it all about.

Your right but id rather price the job for the packing out etc rather then not do just because the price is too tight for re plastering
we can only do what we can do with what we have.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling around reveal and sill advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB