Discuss tiling my bathroom - 1st time tiling!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Falcone

Ok, I'm getting my bathroom tiled in about a week or 2. I thought, as I'm looking to get into tiling and do the NETT course in January, that I'd have a go myslef.

Now I have absolutely no idea how to tile and haven't the foggiest how to and was wondering if someone could tell me how to do it. e.g how to start, what tools, equipment etc i'd need to do it. the basics.

There is tiles on it at the moment. whats the easiest way to remove these?

I have taken the shower down and behind it the tiles are cut so that the space for the shower can go up. how do i leave the same shape there, if ya know what i mean!!

Should I watch the video a few posts down regarding how to tile?

Pardon my ignorance but I have no clue how to tile but would like to get a small amount of experience before I go on the course and this is the perfect opportunity.

P.S. its not the whole bathroom just the wall where the shower goes (around 9ft wide and 4-5ft high) and the wall next to that (around 1ft wide and 4-5ft high). Its a very small bathroom

Thanks in advance. :)

D

DHTiling

hi falcone have a look at these they should help you....too much to explain if you dont have any idea at all....dave...

Guide to Ceramic Tile Installation

Tile Walls Interior How-To Information

[DLMURL="http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id=60302"]Wall Tile Tips from a Pro | Extreme How To, DIY - Do it Yourself, Home Improvement, Home Decorating[/DLMURL]

Tile Walls Interior How-To Information

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Good advice fellas
icon14.gif

B

brian c

Falcone
Do not tile your bathroom till you get back from the course ..you will regret it ...like dh says there's alot to explain..

trust me on this mate

you don't need experience on the course ....you are there to gain it and learn... so forget your bathroom for abit!!!!

steve :)
gtreat advice STEVE,do as the man says or you will be sorry.

F

Falcone

Ok thanks folks. Think i'll give it a miss until I've done the course lol.

I think I'll get ma mates uncle in to tile it, watch him do it and maybe ask him if, once I've done the coursem he'll let me tag along with him for a day or two and show me what he does etc and shaddow him for a bit. wont ask him for pay or that but just for experience etc.

Cheers guys :)

those links are still a good read.

G

GazTech

Ok thanks folks. Think i'll give it a miss until I've done the course lol.

I think I'll get ma mates uncle in to tile it, watch him do it and maybe ask him if, once I've done the coursem he'll let me tag along with him for a day or two and show me what he does etc and shaddow him for a bit. wont ask him for pay or that but just for experience etc.

Cheers guys :)

those links are still a good read.
Tag along with him after course then tackle your own job,no pressure.Tile it in bite size chunks taking it one step at a time and getting the solutions on here when needed....good luck and post some before and after pics on the tile gallery...Gaz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling my bathroom - 1st time tiling!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB